Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Sword SMF

Article about: HI All, I recently aquired my first Luftwaffe Sword, it is a very nice later Aluminum example by SMF, before everyone screams that the Portepee/knot does not belong, this is how it came back

Default SMF Flyerschwert with Knot?

HI All,
    I recently aquired my first Luftwaffe Sword, it is a very nice later Aluminum example by SMF, before everyone screams that the Portepee/knot does not belong, this is how it came back with the Vet according to the seller, now maybe it was added later who knows, and I have never seen a period photo of one on a Luft sword, if you have please share, but it is a very old and brittle blue grey leather with blue knot, Luftwaffe bayonet knot maybe that the owner put on his sword? but anyway blade is excellent with a few age spots here and there and sadly most of the gilding is gone from the swaz, either cleaned away or worn away due to a very thin application. I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment or help at all, Thank you.
    Luftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMFLuftwaffe Sword SMF
    Last edited by maximus71; 01-07-2016 at 03:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Sword SMF
    P
    Many

I found out some information for the leather knot,
    Luftwaffe Sword SMF
    This piece has a white braided leather slide with white crown and is attributed to the 1st Battalion, 1st Company of the WWII era German Luftwaffe under the command of Hermann Goering. The blue grey leather strap measures approximately 35 cm long by 1.5 cm wide and is attached to a blue grey cord covered "knot" with a white cord crown.
    Is this the correct unit info? and what are your opinions on leaving this on or off my sword, for now I am displaying it without because that is textbook.

Hi ya Maximus, its good to read one of your posts, I haven't seen you floating about just lately.
    Looks a nice sword, I love these luftwaffes swords they are fab!
    With regard to the knot my friend, if it was me id be tempted to display it with it as you have.

best matty

a very nice sword,keep the knot with it.

Hmm thats two votes to keep the knot on lol Matty I usually check the forum daily but alot of personal stuff has been going on so its hard to log in and comment every day. But my passion for the hobby always remains and I love to help out or show off a new item whenever I can

Beautiful sword/scabbard in spectacular condition!!!

If the knot is as you say, Luftwaffe related, I vote for leave it on.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)