Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe sword weyersberg

Article about: Hi again guys A few months ago I acquired my first sword to accompany my 1st and 2nd pattern Luftwaffe daggers. As can be seen this example is marked "Paul Weyersberg Co Solingen".

Default Luftwaffe sword weyersberg

Hi again guys

A few months ago I acquired my first sword to accompany my 1st and 2nd pattern Luftwaffe daggers. As can be seen this example is marked "Paul Weyersberg Co Solingen". To my knowledge this example shows fittings of the older nickel silver type and having measured the blade it spans around 28 inches. The Sword shows no unit numbers or inscriptions but does have some kind of stamp above the makers mark, is this some kind of Luftwaffe acceptance stamp? Other than that I'd love your expert opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sword weyersberg
    P
    Many

I do not know a lot about TR swords but I do like what I see and seems to be untouched.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Totally complete head to toe..and a nice garnish of hard to find blue leather hanger.

And also you are correct on the waffen amt mark known as a "5" within a stickbird in some collecting circles
    Very nice find Kalif
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That's a beautiful sword. I love it!

Regards
    Danny

A great find, congrats !

?

Just the way i like them!
    Great patina and an overall superb condition!
    i have bought a similar Weyersberg with a Deluxe hanger a few months ago and the quality is great!

Just look at the handwork on the leaves that are on the sides of the pommel, Weyersberg are known for it.
    Here a picture of one i owned way back

Best
    Ger

Quote by kalifornia Uber Alles View Post
    Hi again guys

A few months ago I acquired my first sword to accompany my 1st and 2nd pattern Luftwaffe daggers. As can be seen this example is marked "Paul Weyersberg Co Solingen". To my knowledge this example shows fittings of the older nickel silver type and having measured the blade it spans around 28 inches. The Sword shows no unit numbers or inscriptions but does have some kind of stamp above the makers mark, is this some kind of Luftwaffe acceptance stamp? Other than that I'd love your expert opinions.
    A beautiful sword , sometimes the issue Luftwaffe types are unit marked, and sometimes they are not - with nothing that I've seen which explains why? Best Regards, Fred

A very nice sword, very similar to one I got last year. Completely untouched, uncleaned, with 80 years of much on it. Luftwaffe swords and 1st pattern daggers are amongst the nicest blades you'll see.