Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lw 2nd model dagger

Article about: Hello forum! This is my first post on the forum.. Being a collector of german Militaria for some years i finally Decided to become a member of this forum. So my first entry Will be asking if

Default Lw 2nd model dagger

Hello forum!

This is my first post on the forum..
    Being a collector of german Militaria for some years i finally
    Decided to become a member of this forum.
    So my first entry Will be asking if anyone would help me with this lw dagger
    It is unmarked.. But my own feeling says it is wkc but then again it maybe could be
    A.schüttelhöfer asso...
    Any help would be appriciated.

Best regards
    B. Ullergaard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lw 2nd model dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Ullergard....from what I can see the guard and grip are WKC..which on the grip wire is the springy type..seen on a few other Producers..but also seen on WKC grips.
    The Pommel is the generic type or Eickhorn with all 3 acorns facing upward towards the swastika. I cant tell the size of the Pommel swaz as the Eickhorn would be larger..and the photo angles do not give the best view. Im leaning on Generic ( wait for other opinions )

The scabbard is generic IMO ans is also seen being married with WKC examples..having the 2 side screws on scabbard...which WKC used 1 screw on the ring carry side of scabbard. ( See Tom Wittmann example on pg 169 & 180..of his Luftwaffe reference )

Not used to seeing a plain blade type with WKC fittings. IMO a subcontractor...with the use of WKC fittings. Wait for other opinions.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

All generic and widely used parts.. Hard one to put a maker on! Best, Kevin.

Thank you Larry and Kevin for your inputs
    I agree with both of you generic parts..
    I dont Think that Eickhorn ever made a peppled pommel,
    So i would go for wkc on that.
    Best regards
    B. Ullergaard

And just a little picture of the dagger
    Full rigged!:-)