MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LW Sword Marker Rarity question

Article about: Dear friends i have a question about rarity of LW Sword producers..any ideas which are common ,and the rarer one. reagards tom

Quote by matty01 View Post
    Hi Fred, the really answer to your question is no. The only thing which seems to alter is the trademark and the lack of tang markings on the postwar examples ......................
    Hello Matty, I'm in general agreement, and depending on the item there are some other things that I also look for myself - with the field of special/extra cost blades for all sorts of items something IMO that probably needs an Achtung Minen! sign in front. A case in point with one of the names mentioned being a Luftwaffe presentation sword he was selling or had sold to an advanced collector in Europe that at one time belonged to a now deceased friend of mine. With the bottom line being that both the Luftwaffe blade and scabbard/mounts were from the TR era, but from two different swords - end of discussion. Another personal one from my own experience in my early days as a collector a four item purchase from an advanced collector (not a dealer) that had been in his collection for a long time. With the two dismountable swords going back to him the next day after I had chance to look at them all in close detail (still having the fixed hilt sword and dagger). Having no hard feelings for him, as I suspect his training-experience in the medical profession was significantly different than my own in a non-medical field. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Sword Marker Rarity question
    P
    Many

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    ................... A case in point with one of the names mentioned being a Luftwaffe presentation sword he was selling or had sold to an advanced collector in Europe that at one time belonged to a now deceased friend of mine. With the bottom line being that both the Luftwaffe blade and scabbard/mounts were from the TR era, but from two different swords - end of discussion.
    Clarification: When my friend owned the sword it was in its original factory configuration. At some point after he had disposed of it a subsequent (unknown) owner decided to change the original scabbard/mounts for a different set. Best Regards, Fred

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Matty ..let me handle the fallout if any . Links will die eventually and the thread useless as you know. I do appreciate that you are respectful regarding Tom.
    But history and visible fact are a must

Regards Larry
    I must agree with Larry... So often... On other forums, photo bucket and the like "KILL" any gleaned information that one can extract from a thread.. I am quite pleased that the moderators here are forthcoming and precise to have the foresight to preserve the actual "Piece" in question... Kudos !!!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Very interesting Fred, I would like to go into more detail but we wont just in case.

Still very interesting though.

rgds matty

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    In my opinion the EPACK is pretty rare
    Ivan in fact your E.Pack LW sword is the only Pack LW i have ever seen over the years, and i have seen quite a few and owned quite a couple, so besides the Damast ones ( who are custom made ones and do not be taking into consideration IMO) i think your Pack might own the crown in this one!

Regards
    Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2