Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

Article about: Hi All, I picked up my first gravity knife, it is a non takedown Weyersberg with a beautiful blade, alot of nice crossgrain, and it was a very good deal, but it does have a flaw, the blade w

Default My First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

Hi All,
    I picked up my first gravity knife, it is a non takedown Weyersberg with a beautiful blade, alot of nice crossgrain, and it was a very good deal, but it does have a flaw, the blade works great but the spike does not, it seems the hinge is broke or missing a spring or something, the spike comes out but there is no springy action, something I can overlook because I only paid 350US for this baby. I am waiting on a nice repro laynard since original ones cost as much as the knife itself! all in all its a great looking example with a small (but hidden) flaw, but will still display nicely. hope you enjoy the pics and feel free to comment
    My First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity KnifeMy First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

?

Default re: My First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife

Looks great nice non-takedown model - any marks on the spike ??there are people out there that can repair these i.e. spike spring etc.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks Horst, Yes it is marked, I forgot to show that in the pics, spike has the stickbird with the 5, and under the thumb lever is a 19, I was told about a guy who fixes them but he charges 250. too much in my book.

?

Need to beat the bushes, possibly post in the Want Ad forum that your looking for someone to repair it - you have a great item with a beautiful blade etc .

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

My First Luftwaffe Gravity Knife
    Nice one. Nothing is missing, it is just broken at the rivet, it should be one solid spring and yes repair price is high.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Nice knife, great blade.

Thanks guys, well I wont be skydiving anytime soon or ever, so I am happy with keeping it the way it is, esp since I got it for half price!

John, that has to be one of the nicest blades I've seen, the cross grain is perfectly visible. The wood type/pattern makes me think it is an early knife of the Type 1 series, but I'm just guessing. Maybe somebody else knows.

Regards,
    Corey

This is really making me feel jealous right now

Great Blade i love it i hope to be able to purchase one some day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast