Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Luft Eagle has landed

Article about: Hi All, I know I know its just another slightly salty late model Luftwaffe Dagger, But hey I figured why not apply a catchy title to wake up you guys sitting bored at your computer while you

Default My Luft Eagle has landed

Hi All,
    I know I know its just another slightly salty late model Luftwaffe Dagger, But hey I figured why not apply a catchy title to wake up you guys sitting bored at your computer while you sip coffee haha, Ok so I just got this one today, its a FW Holler 2nd model Luft as you can see, I just figured I would share it because that is half the fun of collecting, it was value priced at just under 400 big ones, no not grand! lol so I wont complain about the cracks in the grip(celluloid over wood base) and I should'nt question the goldish color of the ferrule but I will (parts dagger?) its also been cleaned and sharpened(ugh I hate that) but like I said, it was a decent price and is in decent shape, (the portepee is on its way) I still long for a 1st model but they are pricey and I'd rather save up again for a RAD Hewer instead, hope you enjoy the photos, feel free too comment or help in any way you can, as always thank you!!!!!!!
    My Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landedMy Luft Eagle has landed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Luft Eagle has landed
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Luft Eagle has landed

Nice, these are very well designed pieces! I have yet to acquire any TR period dagger but i must admit I've been looking at examples of this particular type quite a bit

?

Great dagger! I love TR daggers and have been wanting to add a luftwaffe dagger for a long time. Nice pick up.

Textbook example of Holler 2LW dagger, I like it.
    Congratulations.

Regards
    Vedran

Very nice addition to any collection.
    Morris

Hi Max , for $400 you have done very well. I always like the Springy wire on the grip as it always made it appear the grip was fatter. There is no mistake in the fine definition of the eagle and complete crossguard that modern repros always fail to meet. I like some of my daggers,,with some slight wear,, and a hint of saltiness to them. Yours has it all!!
    I Think due to the lighting in the photos yours may have the plated type blade...correct me if I am wrong,,if that is the case a little simi-chrome and Renwax would clean it up a little extra special. Everything else leave well alone.
    Congrats on a great find for a great price. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-03-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys, your right larry, I am on my way to simi-chrome it up now, I am finding that patience is paying off, a few months ago I almost paid double for nearly the exact same dagger, so score one for the small (wallet) guys! lol

?

I like this salty one, nice sharp details
    and the price was right!
    now search for the portepee to complete the set

Cheers Ger