Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery Knife to ID

Article about: Another of my late Grandfather's 1945 bring-backs from Germany. The only mark on this is the letter 'S' on the Ricasso. As always, any help with ID would be appreciated. Martin

Default Mystery Knife to ID

Another of my late Grandfather's 1945 bring-backs from Germany. The only mark on this is the letter 'S' on the Ricasso. As always, any help with ID would be appreciated.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Knife to ID   Mystery Knife to ID  

Mystery Knife to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Knife to ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mystery Knife to ID

I believe it's a boot scabbarded fighting knife but the blade look's very US M3 to me. Re handled maybe?
    This is only a punt.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

It is a german fighting knife the S is the makers mark but I do not remember what it is I do not think that it was rehandled

I have moved this thread here.

The knife is Luftwaffe issue. It is totally original and is a nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have moved this thread here.

The knife is Luftwaffe issue. It is totally original and is a nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Cheers for that. Maybe from the same fella who owned the Luftwaffe eagle Grandad also brought back.

Martin

?

Nice knife.

Check this thread out here Luftwaffen Kampfmesser
    Luftwaffekampfmesser. which is a fighting knife or boot knife. Member Riebert is our top guy on these.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi gent's
    Just a small question if I could,
    Which blade was developed first US M3 type blade (43-44) or this Luft Kampfmesser style blade?
    What I am wondering is was the M3 blade derived from this German type?
    Thanks fella's
    Dave

Hey Dave the US M3 was first issued in March 1943..and then discontinued later in August 1944...so hard to say and a question needs to be asked as what month was the Luft Kampfmesser issued. Pretty close! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry.
    So both these designs development may have ran pretty much parallel to a degree.
    Cheers mate
    Dave