Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nahkampfmesser der Luftwaffe

Article about: I am happy that I was able to add this nicely kept version of the Luft fighting knife to my collection this weekend. I have several others but they are all marked with a "5" or a &

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Ralph..Nice pick up...I am no used to seeing nice crossgrain on these types. Larry
    Thanks Larry!
    The one that I have that has been sharpened is one of the earliest ones that I aquired. Since then I have been a little more fussy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfmesser der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Really nice bunch of fighting knives. timothy

Thank you Timothy!
    This is only part of my fighting knife collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi folks,
    I found this "old" thread, I take this occasion to ask you: what is known about this "S" marking?
    I know it is considered a later war production, S is stamped where Luftamt5 or 6 was, but any info about this production?
    Might it be also a postwar production?

Quote by Joda View Post
    Hi folks,
    I found this "old" thread, I take this occasion to ask you: what is known about this "S" marking?
    I know it is considered a later war production, S is stamped where Luftamt5 or 6 was, but any info about this production?
    Might it be also a postwar production?
    I will give you the same answer I gave over at WAF,

The maker of the Luft fighting knives marked "S" is unknown at this time, they can also be found marked with a "W", also unknown.

Since these are always found with the correct scabbards, and I am going to guess that these have been obtained directly from veterans, they are accepted as war time produced from an unknown maker.
    Ralph.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I will give you the same answer I gave over at WAF,

The maker of the Luft fighting knives marked "S" is unknown at this time, they can also be found marked with a "W", also unknown.

Since these are always found with the correct scabbards, and I am going to guess that these have been obtained directly from veterans, they are accepted as war time produced from an unknown maker.
    Ralph.
    Glad to have your reply also here Ralph
    Thank you for your reply!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2