Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

named luftwaffe dagger

Article about: i would like to know what yall think about this dagger and if the naming is good or bad.

Thumbs up named luftwaffe dagger

i would like to know what yall think about this dagger and if the naming is good or bad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture named luftwaffe dagger   named luftwaffe dagger  

named luftwaffe dagger   named luftwaffe dagger  

named luftwaffe dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement named luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: named luftwaffe dagger

The dagger is fine. The name is most likely original to it. Adding an unknown name to a dagger would not raise the value greatly so I doubt it would be faked.

Cheers, Ade.

looks good i will agree w/adrain.

That's a distributor mark. could be a uniform shop or department store. Perfectly legit.

Quote by heers300 View Post
    That's a distributor mark. could be a uniform shop or department store. Perfectly legit.
    That is bang on. Albert Kuhl was a military outfitters founded in 1909. They had outlets in Munster and Essen. They held the concession for Alcosa and supplied their daggers and swords for private purchase. I notice there is a nasty chip on the grip next to the pommel, so this will no doubt affect it's value if for sale.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Ned, It looks to be a nice one. Im assuming it may be a bit rare as it is from a distributor? Is it considered to be..like a display model? I like it!

Cheers, Edwin

It never ceases to amaze me of the depth of knowledge that is available on this site,my first guess would have been the owners name.

Quote by ehawk View Post
    Hi Ned, It looks to be a nice one. Im assuming it may be a bit rare as it is from a distributor? Is it considered to be..like a display model? I like it!

Cheers, Edwin
    Hi Ed,

I don't think it's particularly rare as there are quite a few Luftwaffe/Heer daggers marked to this distributor out there for sale. Just google 'Albert Kuhl Munster/Essen' and you'll find plenty others, although i notice the one you show is up for $750, whereas others are more in the $1200-$1500 range.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Here's another Kuhl marked Alcoso blade on a Heer dagger i just bought
    Cheers,
    Ger
    named luftwaffe daggernamed luftwaffe daggernamed luftwaffe dagger