Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Article about: Hey everyone. I need some advice here. I have an above average DLV Dagger that has a re-wrapped scabbard. SMF Maker. Another local collector wants to do an even trade for this Mint stag hand

Default Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Hey everyone. I need some advice here.

I have an above average DLV Dagger that has a re-wrapped scabbard. SMF Maker. Another local collector wants to do an even trade for this Mint stag handle double etched Alcoso Luftwaffe dress bayonet. What are your thoughts?

I know there are Repro etched bayonets out there or original dress daggers with post war etchings to falsely add value. This thing is pristine if it's real. What should I do?

Here are high res pics of the bayonet:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?   Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?  

Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?   Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?  

Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?   Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Stick to your DLV, post war fantasy etch.

Cheers,
    Ger

Default Re: Need Advice: To trade or not to trade my DLV Dagger for this Stag Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet?

Also, the bayonet seems to have been re-plated or chromed
    and the grip panels fit horribly - which leads me to think
    they are new, non-original replacements.

I'd hang on to the DLV as well.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi DSForce,, like Gerit and Walkwolf said stay with the DLV,,which I am very sure the patina alone on your DLV is worth more than this modern repro. This is one of those etched bayonets I would not mind,, to go out of my way and put peanut butter finger prints all over it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What I find amusing is the fact that it is supposed to be Luftwaffe, but sports Heer eagles.

Tom

These bayo is not a total modern reproduction.

Quote about this bayonet:

Bayonete manufactured by Reddick Enterprises. These bayonets are crafted using mostly leftover period parts (the buffer pad and the stag grips are post war). What is striking about these pieces, which do not come with scabbards, is the superior construction - they are made as good if not better than the originals. Identification points of spurious engraved blades includes very stiff buffer pads, raised handle rivets, and overall STONE MINT construction.

I hope that i managed to help.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-09-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Hi Vedran interesting observation,, is there some characteristics on this bayonet that has caught your eye that it is made up of period parts? Your Right Reddick was notorious for selling parts daggers and repros as authentic...and was a huge thorn in the collecting communities side back during the 80s and 90s. Now you will see his stand at various Militaria shows selling his wares,,,as now..."repro? Good move on his part.

Other than that someone went to alot of trouble to chrome period parts,, which brings down the value tremendously,, if there is any value left in it once its chromed. I myself can not see any traces of this being period parts,, but I am interested in your observations.

Looking at the pommel it is hard to discern if this is period,, although the bayonet release spring mechanism is present,, but it still doesnt convince me it is authentic beneath the chrome. What are your convictions on this or if someone else has the same views on this being a parts dagger. It would be an educational and interesting thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, stacking these bayonets,i s not cheap, but it would be worthwhile structures, blades are etched - fantasies, and appeared as rare.

Regards
    Vedran

Boy am I glad I posted this on here before I did anything. There is a Luft eagle on the one side as noted in the last photo in the line but the rest are definitely Heer. I really don't think this guy knows its a fake. I've been ripped off before but I think he is unaware that he lost SO much money on this fake. Heck I almost lost a great DLV dagger for it. Thanks for the help everyone!

I'm happy for you that this was averted. I couldnt imagine losing a genuine dagger for a piece of crap. Thumbs up to you for posting before trading

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast