Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need some Dagger help please

Article about: Hi All, Im looking to add either a Heer or Luft dress dagger to my collection, Im leaning towards a heer dagger if im only going to have one, but this luft dagger came up for sale and Im not

Default Need some Dagger help please

Hi All, Im looking to add either a Heer or Luft dress dagger to my collection, Im leaning towards a heer dagger if im only going to have one, but this luft dagger came up for sale and Im not an expert on what is fake or real so please give you thoughts on this wkc maker dagger, the handle looks odd and im not too sure about the detail, I did alot of research and it mostly looks good but since its not being sold from a well respected dealers(as in lakeside or duck) site then I cant be too sure, fakes abound in this hobby, so im calling out the experts, Im hoping to get a good price on a private owned piece before paying a few extra bucks from a dealer. I hope the pic are close enough its all I have at the moment, Thanks for your help and happy holidays!

Need some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help pleaseNeed some Dagger help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some Dagger help please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need some Dagger help please

Better pics of the pommel and crossguard would be nice, but I see no problems with it from the images supplied. Scabbard is correct for a WKC with the single throat retaining screw on the side, and appears to be dent-free. Looks to be a beautiful crack free grip. Trademark is proper, and blade is in decent shape. JMO.
    Mark

I agree with Mark nice springy wire to grip aswell
    cheers ronnie

Thanks guys, I may take a punt at it if the price is right, can anyone tell me the top 3 makers for these? It doesnt have to be rare just the top quality makers, from what I gather Eickhorn, E Pack and sohne, and wkc seem more desirable then others.

The most common markers LW dagger:
    Eickhorn, SMF, WKC - for me - the best.

Regards
    Vedran

Thanks for the info fellas, im sure somebody will overpay for this one, 100 people that read this post probably ran to ebay and placed a bid lol thats one bad thing about giving up an item you find, I like watching people buy these items at online auctions for 2 or 300 dollars more then what its worth, thats when I just go on a reputable dealer sight and pick and choose through 10 different kind and get one for fair market price