Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe sword

Article about: Hello all I recently purchased a Luftwaffe sword the pommel has engraving "Fl. H. K." with a Totenkopf, "Koln" and numeral "14" which I assume is Fliegerhorst-K

Default New guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe sword

Hello all
    I recently purchased a Luftwaffe sword
    the pommel has engraving "Fl. H. K." with a Totenkopf, "Koln" and numeral "14"
    which I assume is Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur, Cologne, don't know what the 14 is, grape 14?
    oak leaves are rolled and impressed around the pommel. Fl. H. K , 14 and Koln are also engraved on the ricasso.
    The scabbard appears to be aluminum with a lot of the blue paint chipped off.
    any inputs ?, suggestions? estimated resale value?
    Thanks

New guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe swordNew guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe sword
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-25-2017 at 10:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New guy needs opinions on Luftwaffe sword
    P
    Many

This is not a production standard Luftwaffe sword but rather a personalized pommel. Hard to say if this medallion change was performed during or after the war.

The scabbard lost all its moroccan blue leather wrap. Check local dealers for market value on Standard Luftwaffe swords..and then minus a few hundred dollars because of the leather loss.

Im hopeful someone with knowledge of the markings on the blade that coincide with the skull pommel medallion can shed some light on this location.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill