Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.

Article about: by Wagriff True, Edmil-but, by the same token, could you seriously imagine a quality company like Weyersberg hand assembling relatively small numbers of precision knives for an elite and pre

?

Default Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.

Hi all

Opinions about this 1st pattern luftwaffe gravity knife are very appreciated, is marked Paul Weyerberg & Co. Solingen.
    it is a good one?

Thanks!

(These pics are the best i can get)
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.

It has good potential but I would like to see more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade,
    Thanks

I will try to get more pics, but i'm not sure...

Ed

?

More pics added
    The blade looks sharpened a lot, and overall looks polished and cleaned.
    do you think ?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.   Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  

Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.   Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  

Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.   Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  

Last edited by Edmil; 08-16-2012 at 04:20 PM.

It might be just me and ancient eyes, but isn't that makers logo rather High on that blade? I don't think I can remember ever seeing one with the logo in the middle of the blade before.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

WAGRIFF,,,your' right looks far from the throat...here is mine,,any others?????......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.   Opinions on Flieger-Kappmesser, luft gravity knife.  

Re the maker marK: Cannot say I have either to be honest? That would make me wary.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Im looking at the ricasso on both of the examples,, I would have to think that if it was made by the same maker with the same logo,, the ricasso would be the same. There is a difference between the 2 Weyersburg photos. I see alot more ricasso on Edmils example compared to SA Dolchs example. I know there are variances when these blades were tempered or am I over analyzing this. But this is what I see.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the opinions, are greatly appreciated!
    You have reason Ade, that makes me wary too but i think: if is a fake one no have sense build a best copy and make a big mistake stamp the maker mark centimeters above in a blade !!

Cheers

True, Edmil-but, by the same token, could you seriously imagine a quality company like Weyersberg hand assembling relatively small numbers of precision knives for an elite and prestigious outfit like the Paratroopers and saying "Gustav! Look at where you marked that logo! It is in the middle of the blade!" "Och! Who will notice...it will still cut the parachute lines anyway.."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast