Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Paratrooper gravity knife direct from vet

Article about: Hello sirs, I purchased this today direct from the German vet who carried it. This gentleman was with the 1st Parachute Division and he obtained the knife during the fighting at Monte Cassin

Very nice original owner found FSJ knife..and better yet from the owner himself. .
    Congrats Joe on an exemplary find that alot of us could dream of meeting and receiving in return their honored knife or dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paratrooper gravity knife direct from vet
    P
    Many

Yes sir.. I took some notes and a picture of him holding it to keep with the knife

Much thanks Larry..

MAP
    ?

Quote by JoeFriday View Post
    Yes sir.. I took some notes and a picture of him holding it to keep with the knife
    Priceless!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's pretty bad ass. Congrats!

Is there a way to determine the manufacture date on these?

Thank you,
    Rob

Hi Rob, I would expect your knife to be mid war produced.

Post 1943 items were RB numbered.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Cool item. Genuine original lanyards for these are very scarce and can sell for more than the knives.Go easy on the springs too as they are fragile.

Thank you very much for the information Ade and for the advice Lew..

Here is a picture of the man that I received the knife from. Also a German newspaper or magazine with him on the cover. It apparently says something about him at Monte Cassino. He found this paper here in the states after the war. Unfortunately his son played with it over the years and all but destroyed it.

I heard some amazing stories and perspectives from the German side of the battle for Monte Cassino..very interesting.

Best,
    Rob

?

Great pick up Rob!!!!! Those pic's make that item priceless in my mind!!
    Congrat's

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast