Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Paratrooper gravity knife direct from vet

Article about: Hello sirs, I purchased this today direct from the German vet who carried it. This gentleman was with the 1st Parachute Division and he obtained the knife during the fighting at Monte Cassin

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great pick up Rob!!!!! Those pic's make that item priceless in my mind!!
    Congrat's

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thank you Phil..in my mind too.

Best,
    Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paratrooper gravity knife direct from vet
    P
    Many

?

Rob , i absolutely love this knife and all the history that goes along with it ! I guess thats why we are collectors - the link back to where these items have travelled to and from , who owned them , and what they have witnessed . What you have just taken ownership of is now nearly unique , in that you have received it from the original owner .......that will not be possible any more in the near future ! Congratulations on this fantastic piece of history .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thank you very much Alan. I'm honored to have these items. I traveled 11 hours to meet this man and I'm making the 11 hour trip home tomorrow. I wish that I lived closer and would have more time to spend with this man. I never imagined that I would be going home with personal items but I'm thrilled to have them.

I took some notes and a family friend has been audio recording some of his stories. The family friend hopes to write a book and make a video for Youtube. His version of war events are quite different from what we learn in school and on television. Somewhere in the middle is the truth I'm sure.

Thank you all for the positive comments and I look forward to getting home to make a nice display for these items.

BTW. He has been a big collector of all sorts of items since the 50's so I was able to pick up other military items from a Revolutionary War powder horn, Japanese swords, to German medals, dog tags, named Purple Heart, Indian artifacts, etc.. really an interesting trip.

Best,
    Rob
    Last edited by JoeFriday; 07-11-2016 at 02:24 AM.

?

I look forward to seeing the rest of the collection .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

LOVE IT!!!! Congratulations!

Mart

Thank you very much Mart..

Best,
    Rob

MAP
    ?

Yes...can't wait to see more of what you picked up. But the preserving of his stories is what is most important to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

..... and such a young man, 19 or 20 at the time.
    Keep the torch burning Joe.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes...can't wait to see more of what you picked up. But the preserving of his stories is what is most important to me.
    I'll picked up a few more German pieces but the rest are a bit outside the realm of this forum. He says that he has a box full of US/German medals and will contact me when he finds them. Unfortunately he sold most of his military items several months ago.

Best,
    Rob

- - ------- - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ..... and such a young man, 19 or 20 at the time.
    Keep the torch burning Joe.

Cheers, Dan
    18 years old..

Best,
    Rob

Awesome find and enjoyed the pics and story. Thanks for sharing a truly awesome find.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast