Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger

Article about: Hi! I recently started a warehousing job and came across this dagger. My dad suggested I try to ask you for help after you helped him with a problem of his own. It's in pretty poor condition

Cover
    ?

Default Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger

Hi!

I recently started a warehousing job and came across this dagger. My dad suggested I try to ask you for help after you helped him with a problem of his own. It's in pretty poor condition and missing bits I think but it would be nice to know whatever you could tell me about it. If you would like any more or better pictures let me know.

Thanks!

Paul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co DaggerPaul Weyersberg & Co Dagger

2. # ADS

Hi Cover welcome to the forum..I will move your thread to the Luftwaffe forum..where you will get clear and precise answers. Looks ok..but as you said..missing some things. What it does represent is a 2nd Model Luftwaffe officers dagger produced beginning in 1937. Wait for other opinions. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to the forum Cover! I am very sorry to tell you that this dagger is a post war copy. You can tell by details such as the maker mark, the scabbard bands and crossguard. Here are some pictures of my Weyersberg 2nd model to compare. When you look just above the trademark, you can see a little "stickbird" with the number 5. This is typical for Weyersberg luftwaffe daggers. I have never seen an original luftwaffe dagger by Paul Weyersberg without this little control mark ("Waffenamt" stamp). You can also find this mark on luft daggers by other makers such as SMF.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger   Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger  

Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger   Paul Weyersberg & Co Dagger  

Last edited by dr73; 04-26-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Cover
    ?

Thank you for your welcomes and replies.

I appreciate thats it's semi-against the rules but I'm sure any googling would lead me back here anyway; Is there any sort of market or value attached to copies?

Hi, I agree with Danny, your dagger is already well known reproduction - but despite this fact it is not so common like Chinese poor reproductions.... in true collectors community is no place for copy dagger... but maybe some reenactors can buy it from you, for this guys this is perfect item.

Regards Peter