Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Zeitz Luftwaffe sword, questions

Article about: Hello what do you think about this sword ? a member of french forum show us the same sword the problem, I can't find any informations about Oberst Paul Zeitz so, real or fake thanks for answ

?

Default Paul Zeitz Luftwaffe sword, questions

Hello
    what do you think about this sword ?
    a member of french forum show us the same sword
    the problem, I can't find any informations about Oberst Paul Zeitz
    so, real or fake
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier
    WW2 GERMAN LUFTWAFFE SWORDS FOR COLLECTORS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Zeitz Luftwaffe sword, questions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Paul Zeitz Luftwaffe sword, questions

I dont know whether or not its real or fake, but be extra cautious when encountering an engraved sword.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I dont know whether or not its real or fake, but be extra cautious when encountering an engraved sword.
    Very good advice IMO because the sword has a lot of “problems”. With the first being that it’s not a private purchase, but a Luftwaffe/government property sword. Purportedly as a gift from an anonymous source representing the NSDAP in Mannheim Germany in May of 1943. To a Colonel who can’t be found, while the Colonel of Flak-Regiment 49 of record was a Colonel Adolf Wolf. With my further opinion being that this is most likely an “old school” fake from the 1970’s(?) and not the first one of its kind that I have seen. FP

I agree with Fred and Scout,,engravings are a "twinlkle" because it catches our eyes first,,," WOW this must be worth alot!!" these little nuances are tiny baits to attract any collector. Sadly though as time passes,, and because of scammers and fakers that even the authentic sword engravings must be looked at much harder. Then the good examples get lost in the mix because of doubt. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

hello Gentlemen
    thanks
    I though it's like k98 engraved bayonet, fake
    Didier