Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hello, I am new to this forum. I am looking to sell what I believe is a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger which has passed down to me through the family. I gather ebay will not allow it. I have fou

harbourwayer
    ?

Default Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am looking to sell what I believe is a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger which has passed down to me through the family. I gather ebay will not allow it. I have found the Gunbroker.com auction site in America which deals with these items. Has anybody sold through them? Also, are there any problems with posting the dagger to the USA if it sells? Will I be able to post it with the Royal Mail?

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Have added some photos of the dagger. any idea what price I should be looking for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Selling a 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
    We have a classified section were you can sell and compare yours.
    As I recall it, daggers and swords are not to be sold out side the UK, but that was years ago after 9-11....
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

You can try to sell on eBay, but before that you must cover all three swastikas.

Regards
    Vedran

Bad advice!
    When you look at the "Offensive material policy" of ebay;
    Offensive material policy
    You will read that even removed swas are not allowed(nearly the last line!):
    De-Nazi-fied items (items that originally had a swastika or SS runes that have been removed)
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

The rule is one thing, reality is another.
    Daily sales on Ebay is tenth of such things, I have recently bought one.
    (with a hidden swastika course)
    Now there is always a risk, but Ebayu really care for own profit.

Regards
    Vedran

harbourwayer
    ?

Thanks for the advice. Still not sure whether I will have problems posting this to the US if it sells over there. Royal Mail not clear as to whether they would treat it as "a prohibited" item.

- - Updated - -

Hello Harbor...I feel Member Stuka has some good advice,, and it would be beneficial for you to try and post your dagger in our classified section. There are many collectors around the world and not just in the US that would find your dagger collectable. Give it a shot! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The rule is one thing, reality is another.
    Daily sales on Ebay is tenth of such things, I have recently bought one.
    (with a hidden swastika course)
    Now there is always a risk, but Ebayu really care for own profit.

Regards
    Vedran
    The reality is that I am on ebay for over 10 years with more then 4000 transactions.
    I know what is going on, still wouldn't advice it!
    One of the risks is being expelled.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by harbourwayer View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Still not sure whether I will have problems posting this to the US if it sells over there. Royal Mail not clear as to whether they would treat it as "a prohibited" item.

- - Updated - -
    It might work, have a look here;
    https://www.gov.uk/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

cheers
    |<ris

I'd just list it here. Check with the UK post to see what you can and cant ship, then post it for sale here. Much less hassle than eBay or any other site. I only sell on ebay as a very last resort. I have bought things off Craig's List but never sold anything yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast