Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

Article about: bichon: You are correct about the German and the pharsi 'zur Erinnerung...' is used on most dedication etches (see book), but this pattern by Holler, used on WKC marked bayonets only uses 'E

Quote by Frederich View Post
    Hello all the comments you are making me, are and are not contestable to what I could also find in the sites of specialized dealers, etching, screws, leather.Of course I respect your opinions, but I do not want to stop here.I am a new member and I certainly can not put myself at the level of many people and so I would like to ask you if you can help me in the search for more data possible also of his descendants:Generalmajor Alfred Gutknect.Thank you
    When I go to a doctor with a serious medical problem and not satisfied with his thoughts ..it will usually take a second opinion that a doctor is telling me the same thing as the Primary told me.
    This is the difference between Supermarkets and Libraries.

I hope you do not go through 10 or more doctors before your reach a quack doctor who tells you what you want to know.
    Believe me when I tell you we are not a supermarket ...and the most reputable and knowledged of dealers know the difference between good and bad and would of contacted you by now to make you an offer on your dagger.

If your not getting an approval from our seasoned collectors..then its time for you to move forward as you have already admitted you are not here as a collector..but as something else.
    Since you are not taking us seriously ..your next course of action would be to contact Wittmann Antique Militaria and seek Thomas Wittmann Luftwaffe reference to give you some basic knowledge..the rest of what can not be found in his reference are here among the seasoned collectors.

That all there is ...so if your looking for a Yes that there are no issues with your dagger...ok ..we will tell you a lie and say yes to appease your curiousity and you will know leaving here still full of doubt.

As far as the General Major is concerned try starting a thread on one of our sub forums here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...ird-reich-ww2/
    and keep your topic mainly on the officer and not let your dagger be a second thread on another sub forum. Do not ask about the authenticity of this dagger anywhere else on this Website except on this very thread..or your thread will be deleted.

If you dont trust the experience of research then you dont trust those in the medical profession. Thats all there is.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet
    P
    Many

Hello everyone, I too have a piece to show us, thanks.

Hello, can you give me your opinion?
    Thank youShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched BayonetShort Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

We are not back on this same dagger again are we? Is this the one you posted in January and was discussed then?

Short Luftwaffe Etched Bayonet

This is a known fake etching design that also turns up on 2nd model Luftwaffe daggers with different makers marks. The photo above just one fake example, note poor positioning of swastika.

Time to move on Frederick.
    Last edited by Anderson; 03-19-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4