Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd type

Article about: Hi all, wanted to post some pics of this dagger and ask the dagger guys how common is the Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd style. Thanks for looking!

Default Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd type

Hi all, wanted to post some pics of this dagger and ask the dagger guys how common is the Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd style. Thanks for looking!Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd typeTiger Luftwaffe 2nd typeTiger Luftwaffe 2nd typeTiger Luftwaffe 2nd typeTiger Luftwaffe 2nd typeTiger Luftwaffe 2nd type

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tiger Luftwaffe 2nd type
    P
    Many

Any opinions on this one? Thanks for looking

My tiger is exactly the same except I found out my crossgaurd is alosco. Looks great to me!

I do know that tiger isnt the most common but also isnt the most rare. I'd like to know the answer to that question too.

Hi, the wire wrap on the handle or grip looks wrong, or like it doesnt fit in the grooves right. And the pebbling on the back of the crossgaurd looks very inconsistent, although Ive seen this, not to this extent. Not to worry though, I think its a good one, and with the portepee and hangers, shes in her full glory .

Hi, Im going to say the same, not the most common like makers well known for their luft blades such as WKC or Horster, but not the rarest either. Although I believe it falls on the rare side. You see them around and offered for sale but not as much as other makers.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. I also noticed the wire was not the springy type, but I did notice in other threads that there were Tiger daggers with this style of wire wrap. When you look at the wire and handle under magnification you can see a patina that looks to have been on their a long time. Did tiger make any of their own crossgaurds? Or just aquire them from other makers like Alcoso? The pebbling on the back of the crossgaurd does have some wear to it, but all the parts fit nice and are tight.

?

I like the overall look of it. Appears to have dirt in the grooves of the handle?

There is grime in the grooves of the handle, it appears to have been there a long time and I Don't intend on cleaning it.

?

Quote by saginaw View Post
    There is grime in the grooves of the handle, it appears to have been there a long time and I Don't intend on cleaning it.
    I wouldn't either. I just was asking to clarify.