Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd

Article about: Hello folks, Here is a Holler Luft that I have had for quite a few years. This in many ways is the typical Holler Luft..mid period generic fittings and scabbard, single center mounted flush

Default Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd

Hello folks, Here is a Holler Luft that I have had for quite a few years. This in many ways is the typical Holler Luft..mid period generic fittings and scabbard, single center mounted flush screw scabbard and cross grain that goes side to side on the outer surfaces and lengthwise on the central flat...But in other ways it shows some unique features and variations! "The Non Typical":The very DARK grey to black burnish on the hilt fittings is really something, contrasted against that are nice gold gilded swastika's on the pommel! Golden yellow grip is wrapped with thin brass braided wire in stead of the typical Holler "springy wire", and check out this scabbard finish, it is like a nickel silver "Wash" if you will..never seen another like it.(Perhaps extra expense option??) The whole piece is showing the chalky looking remains of protective lacquer in the recesses. What do you guys think? have you seen a Holler with these variations before?? Look forward to your thoughts and comments! Kevin.
    Typical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2ndTypical/Non Typical Holler 2nd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd
    P
    Many

Normal untouched Holler 2. model Luftwaffe dagger.
    Material selection is purely dictated by shortages of others as .... aluminum.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi Kevin..I see what you mean now..and quite impressive in its own way. I am amazed at the gilting on the darkened pommel. Correct me if Im wrong the logo is the 1st or 2nd variant out of 3? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good question Larry, I assume this is the second variation due to the era of this dagger. like to hear from others on their opinions..Kevin.

For discussion below are the 3 Holler types seen on Heer and Luftwaffe daggers. One of these appears on a mid period transitional SA dagger.
    I also would like to hear others thoughts on this rare dagger Kevin has shared with us.....and the time period on the 3 logo variants used.
    Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd  Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd  Typical/Non Typical Holler 2nd 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Early period:

Middle period:

Late period:

As I noted in my previous post, presented dagger comes from a later period, when for production of dagger in the Solingen firms begin to use secondary materials because shortages of "better" material like aluminum.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-26-2014 at 09:58 AM.