Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model

Article about: Hi Ger, I already saw daggers with flaws in swastika, which were very similar to this one and they were used during the period. Both parts are W.K.C., scabbard generic, all with same factory

?

Default Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model

The blade is unmarked and I was curious if anyone could identify the marker?
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model   Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Luftwaffe Second Model
    P
    Many

Hi Anzel...be patient..some sharp Luftwaffe eyes will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, Pommel and crossguard are from W.K.C. - this producer sold a lot of of its crossguards and pommels to others smaller producers, which finished them in house. Scabbard is generic type. Look at the Swastika on crossguard closely! It is very interesting, I never saw this kind of flaw on this type of crossguard before, certainly interesting. And I have to tell you, that it is impossible to identify marker.

Regards Peter

?

Peter,
    Are you concerned with the flaw in the swastika? I was trying to determine if this is a parts dagger or an original combination.

I already saw very nice reproductions of this W.K.C. crossguard and pommel. But I don´t saying that your dagger is reproduction. It looks authentic to me. In my opinion it is very nice unmarked dagger, with parts which are typical for small producers, which didn´t put mark on blade and purchase parts from other producers.

Peter

?

I am looking to pick this one up complete with a hanger. I was concerned about the swastika and the overall correctness of the dagger. I know there are many unmarked daggers in the collecting realm so that is why I did not dismiss it. However, from my limited experience I have been pointed out many a parts dagger with unmarked blades. Peter thank you for your input to this dagger. I am close to buying it for a pretty decent price.

Hi Anzel although unmarked daggers are challenging to identify.. It's the sharp eyes of study and research that allows the collector to identify the other small intricacies which may point to a certain producer. I trust fully in Peters judgement of this unmarked example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, I have read many of Peter's comments and I can understand why you feel confident in his opinion. I come to this forum to read, learn and enjoy our hobby. The support here is amazing because TR collecting is definitely like playing with fire. It is so easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Well, thanks for your comments It is nice to hear that collectors like my posts. I try to continue with help.

Regards Peter

?

Although Peter is a collector with a lot of knowledge i want to give my 2 cents:

whats in favour: The crossguard and scabbard have the same patina, that looks indeed good.
    But im a bit concerned about the torn up swastika.
    I dont think that a torn swastika like this one, would ever be issued in nazi Germany, its like selling a torn Germany.
    IMO this one wouldnt passed the quality test.
    Therefore a parts dagger is an still a very vivid option.

Now you only have to put it the right way in its scabbard.
    The hanger rings to the right side of the eagle when it faces you.

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast