Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Weyersberg Luftwaffe Sword

Article about: Thanks guys! Appreciate the expertise! It was \\$350 out the door; even better motivation for me to keep up this great hobby. AND, there is still the promise of a box of German badges as a fre

Thanks guys! Appreciate the expertise! It was $350 out the door; even better motivation for me to keep up this great hobby. AND, there is still the promise of a box of German badges as a freebie by the shop owner. He looked for them while I was there buying the sword, but they were somewhere in the back room clutter. I already told the antique shop owner that they were valuable and I did not need anything for free, but he said they were just wasting away in a box somewhere and he preferred they go to someone who appreciates them. He is well into retirement with enough money from decent investments that he owns/runs the store as a hobby to stay busy. One of them sounds to be a metal German Cross in Gold as he was describing them from memory. If it is, I will certainly explain the rarity and value. I'll post photos if they turn up before I have to fly back home. I've learned from 30 years of collecting not to get too excited on verbal descriptions of stuff; it is usually something else. The sword is going in the mail to my house since it does not fit my checked bag and I can't carry it on the plane.
    Last edited by Arisaka99; 10-04-2013 at 12:23 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weyersberg Luftwaffe Sword
    P
    Many

?

Outstanding Luftwaffe sword!!! Good luck with the medals...that would be one nice freebie if it was a German cross in gold...

You can send it in the mail to my house if you want!! LOL you would get some funny looks for sure if you walked onto a plane with that!

?

That is one lovely sword in pristine condition, extra are the WaffenAmt ( LW control markings) and the unit markings on the throat of the scabbard.
    This is a keeper for sure

thx for showing!

Ger

Would the numbers on the throat and pommel cap be an individual or unit add? If a unit mark, would this indicate a school or somewhere that dress swords were kept in a rack? I just assumed they were factory assembly numbers to keep sword and scabbard together once all parts fitted?

?

Arisaka it is a Unit marking.
    Its the motorised Airforce communication Unit under command of the Army
    the H stands for Heer ( army)
    in German: Gliederung der Luftnachrichten-Abteilungen H (mot)
    in German:
    "Um die Zusammenarbeit der für diese Aufgabe vorgesehenen Luftwaffe-Verbände und -Einheiten mit dem Heer sicherzustellen, sah man die Aufstellung von Luftnachrichten-Abteilungen H (mot) vor. (H bedeutet hier, dass diese Abteilungen zum Einsatz bei den dem Heer unterstellten Verbänden usw. der Luftwaffe kamen)."

that roughly means: to insure proper communication between the airforce communication Units and the Army, they created the H units.
    H means they are under command of the Army (Heer)

So its the Unit marking.

Cheers,
    Ger

Ger; Thank you very much. We have the same type of US Army ground support liaison teams from the Air Force now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2