Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?

Article about: Yes, thx Ger ;-) This must be what he's talking about, it is somewhat faint and hard to read. I wish I could find myself more interested in it, but I just picked up a 98k and I need a sling,

Default Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?

Couldn't get much in the way of a maker from the guy who sent me these, although I'm still pursuing it somewhat, pending better pics, maker mark, etc. Owner seems to think it's worth twelve hundred USD (I figured maybe a little over half of that?), which I'm sure is nuts, but there may still be a deal to be had, you never know.

What variation is this and what's a street value, please write it out so that the site (or mod?) doesn't turn the numbers into zeros ;-)

Thx much in advance.

Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value? Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?

Its missing its leather hanger, but it looks like an early nickel silver sword.
    It all depends on its condition, and these photo's arent good enough for a proper valuation.
    So roughly give it a shot: I think 900 dollar will do

Cheers,
    Ger

Looks half decent Kieth...but you know the drill with more pics. Gerrit is in the ball park with "Nine Hundred"<<<< Mod edited
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx guys ;-)

This is what he had written me about the sword a few days ago, but never sent any other pics like I've been waiting for...

"The mark looks to be hand engraved and is hard to read, but I the top and bottom lines are rounded and the middle line is written in cursive. It looks like it says,

"F&A Helpig
    Gaefler
    Steinbach (KnM)"

The mark is located about 2 inches above the hilt and then there is another mark that looks like some kind of symbol about 3/4 of an inch further down the blade. "

That should be a waffenamt mark..take a closer look to see if has the number 5 in the middle of it. Sounds to me it is ok so far. below is the link from our archives and a photo i singled out with the waffenamt marking First Model Luft Dagger w/ matching SN.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maker inscriptions ring a bell?

Yes it does FA Helbig made these and 1st luft daggers.

Ok, thx Larry ;-)

I'll pursue it further. I had asked the guy for better pics instantly after he sent those... he said he'd get a better camera and sent me the maker info and I waited a week for actually decent pics, only to get an email asking me "if I'd lost interest?".

These swords are just parade, correct?

?

Here is the Helbig/Geafler logo on an early nickle Luftwaffe sword
    Cheers Ger
    Woodwork Luft Sword, crappy owner pics, what variation, and value?

Hi Kieth these swords were not only for parade,,but also for walking out as seen with other military branches.... Army Navy ,Luftwaffe and SS etc. Thanks Gerrit for the better pic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast