Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster

Article about: So I bought this crusty Luft sword because I've never even had a crappy one in my collection. I scored this for next to nothing but the blade is pretty bad and it has no scabbard. The tip is

Default World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster

So I bought this crusty Luft sword because I've never even had a crappy one in my collection. I scored this for next to nothing but the blade is pretty bad and it has no scabbard. The tip is bent as well.

Anyway, aside from the appearance, can anyone educate me on this sword? Possible construction, metal, period? It measures 34" tip to bent tip. I don't really have any shame in trading off the pommel, grip and cross guard if that's how I can recoup my investment because this is not going on display.World's Worst Luft Sword - HorsterWorld's Worst Luft Sword - HorsterWorld's Worst Luft Sword - HorsterWorld's Worst Luft Sword - HorsterWorld's Worst Luft Sword - HorsterWorld's Worst Luft Sword - Horster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster
    P
    Many

Luft Officer's sword. Aluminum pommel and crossguard.
    Crusty, but not in too terrible shape. 'E&F Horster'
    are a quality maker. There are others who can
    tell you more.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster  
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by naptime View Post
    I don't really have any shame in trading off the pommel, grip and cross guard if that's how I can recoup my investment because this is not going on display.
    I think these look so cool - very Norse / viking / medieval looking with patina to boot!!
    Please don't part it out - I'll buy it off you for "next-to-nothing" +10%

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yeah, it would be a shame to see it broken up.
    If it were mine, I'd find a nice spot and pop
    a couple of nails into the wall.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree. The Luft Officer Sword is hands down my favorite looking edged weapon from the TR. The industrial design is so different from the others and pretty large and intimidating. Totally Viking. I've seen the pommels alone sell for 150+ and I have cleaned up the blade with natural elements like baking soda and lime juice. It was covered in rust when I got it. Trying to figure out how to fix the bent tip without snapping it off.

Releather the grip. polish the blade and find a scabbard and you are good to go!!!!!! I will buy it for 10 bucks more then dan lol

I wouldn't even consider parting it out if it had the scabbard but, at best, it's incomplete. At worst, it's bent and rusty with some nice aluminum parts and a decent grip with perfect wire wrap.

I believe high heat is the best way to straighten
    it, but will discolour the metal.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Only heat will soften the metal enough to reshape it - DON'T try to force it - it can be done ( the purists are grimacing about now ) with a butane torch. Get it cherry red ... NOT too hot and gradually bend it over. DON'T quench it, shove it in the ground / sand / dirt gently to slowly cool down.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Haha no way I'm doing that. This isn't Game of Thrones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast