Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster

Article about: So I bought this crusty Luft sword because I've never even had a crappy one in my collection. I scored this for next to nothing but the blade is pretty bad and it has no scabbard. The tip is

I once tried bending the blade on a FS dagger
    in a vise - WITHOUT heat - and snapped
    the tip off. It doesn't take much.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster
    P
    Many

I learned a similar lesson when I tried to straighten out the fin on the motor of my boat and snapped off a 2 inch piece that cost me $250 to have repaired.

?

I would not releather it, it has cuffs but its all there, and the gripwire is in good order.
    Just semi chrome the blade a bit and leave it as it is.

about finding a scabbard: beware that there are differences in lenght! find one that suits the lenght of the blade, and indeed these blades easily snap.......better leave it as it is.
    use a little leather cream in the same colour and the grip will look a lot better.

Cheers,
    Ger

I cant remember who it was at this moment, but someone on here repaired a sword and pretty sure they re heated it and plated it again, I remember being gobsmacked on what an excellent job they had done, can anyone remember who it was? love the sword you have though but it does hurt to see something split for parts,
    what about getting a little shoe dye and touching the grip back in?
    cheers for showing, Ronnie

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    I cant remember who it was at this moment, but someone on here repaired a sword and pretty sure they re heated it and plated it again, I remember being gobsmacked on what an excellent job they had done, can anyone remember who it was?
    Perhaps this one - RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see! ?

Philip

Spot on Philip!! still gobsmacked at the quality restoration,
    thanks for that
    cheers Ronnie

?

Yes, Ronnie - that excellent work of restoration stuck in my memory too. Its a reminder of what can be done - there is nothing that is broken that cannot be repaired, or that man has made that cannot be made again. It would be great to see the Luftwaffe sword here repaired and reunited with a scabbard.

Philip

?

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Yes, Ronnie - that excellent work of restoration stuck in my memory too. Its a reminder of what can be done - there is nothing that is broken that cannot be repaired, or that man has made that cannot be made again. It would be great to see the Luftwaffe sword here repaired and reunited with a scabbard.

Philip
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

World's Worst Luft Sword - Horster

Ah yes. I would love to restore this sword but any scabbard wouldn't be original to the sword and would likely cost me more than I paid for the sword IF I can even find one that fits. God only knows where I would take the blade for repair, let alone the cost to do so. If I'm going to spend a thousand dollars to fix it up, I might as well sell this one and put it towards the cost of purchasing one that's complete and in good shape.

Believe me, I understand not wanting to part out a sword or dagger to keep the history preserved but, unfortunately, someone threw the history out of the window along the way and lost the scabbard, left the blade to rust and someone bent the hell out of the tip. It's a shame. There's someone out there that needs a decent pommel and crossguard to complete theirs so it's just a vicious cycle.

?

Even as beat up as it is, it is a real one and l for one would hate to see it parted out.

Hummel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast