Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German gravity knife

Article about: Here is my non-take down Solingen gravity knife.

Default WW2 German gravity knife

Here is my non-take down Solingen gravity knife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German gravity knife   WW2 German gravity knife  

WW2 German gravity knife   WW2 German gravity knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German gravity knife
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

nice example. I don't remember mine having those circle marks on the spine. Will have to look at it again. That said, mine is quite heavily used...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    nice example. I don't remember mine having those circle marks on the spine. Will have to look at it again. That said, mine is quite heavily used...
    Those are the pins/rivets that hold the springs in place. Some are more visible than others.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I must say I have never seen a SMF non take down with 2 rivets in the spring for the blade release. They normally have 1 rivet for the blade release spring and 2 for the spike tensioner. Possibly a repair? The rest of the knife looks original from what I can see.

Steve

Quote by No1canuck View Post
    I must say I have never seen a SMF non take down with 2 rivets in the spring for the blade release. They normally have 1 rivet for the blade release spring and 2 for the spike tensioner. Possibly a repair? The rest of the knife looks original from what I can see.

Steve
    Quite possibly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would think its a repair as the spring parts do break on these

This appears to be a WW2 repair/correction. Does anyone know of a design modification that the makers instituted to counter the weakness such as my two rivets?

Quote by PBaczuk View Post
    This appears to be a WW2 repair/correction. Does anyone know of a design modification that the makers instituted to counter the weakness such as my two rivets?
    Great question
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill