Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

?

I bet Mr Hitler "liked" the beautiful pink coloures of the stones...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Does anyone know where or what happened to his iron cross?
    I believe a Norwegian collector has one of them

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'd prefer the cross instead of the ring

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I believe a Norwegian collector has one of them

Nick
    Now that really would be something worth having. Would there be any way of distinguishing it as hitlers or is it purely based on a trail of provenance?

Hahahhaaaaa i think they are getting uncle Adolf mixed up with Liberace!....

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Now that really would be something worth having. Would there be any way of distinguishing it as hitlers or is it purely based on a trail of provenance?
    From what i have read the cross was put in a museum in Hitlers home town during the war.

The Norwegian collector bought it from said museum...git

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sometimes single items of provenance seen for the first time is hard to prove. This ring would be a good addition to the "Fact or Fiction" thread. It is possible that this ring and other junk type gifts to the fuhrer... Was just tossed in Hitlers junk drawer. I like the thick gold chain idea the best and putting the ring on it.
    The way Hitler dressed was very modest with no homeboy skull rings and wristwatches the size of a TV set. Sepp Dietrich was reprimanded for wearing his custom made sword. Even that sword showed some amount of vanity.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    From what i have read the cross was put in a museum in Hitlers home town during the war.

The Norwegian collector bought it from said museum...git

Nick
    Wow, I'd call that pretty good provenance! It would certainly be a fantastic thing to have and with that kind of provenance a very good investment you'd think. I imagine that bloke could pretty much ask whatever he wanted for that particular cross and would almost be guaranteed of a buyer.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The way Hitler dressed was very modest with no homeboy skull rings and wristwatches the size of a TV set. Sepp Dietrich was reprimanded for wearing his custom made sword. Even that sword showed some amount of vanity.
    I agree, such ostentatious bling would seem to be out of character unless the modest dress was part of his —humble man of the people—public PR image only? Stalin cultivated a similar outward visual impression of the simple man, as did Mao Zedong.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Who's the seller ???

1) Mr "T" from the A-Team ??
    2) Liberace's estate ?
    3) Enimem
    4) Max Bygraves
    5) Robin Hood-Wink.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast