Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    If this was presented to Hitler i'm surprised the presenter wasn't sent to the ostfront!..
    I agree !!! along with the quality that has already been addressed . Maybe it's the pic but the swastika is not symmetrical.
    If not to the ostfront, somebody is going to camp for the summer.....

Semper Fi
    Phil

The auctioneer did not have all the information on the ring, he did not know what the stones were nor did he have all the documentation. The ring was published in two period publications that are rare as hens teeth in their own right and were not even shown or included. It had full lineage in a multi item grouping inclusive of the photo of Hitlers mother. The ring was shown from the period publications to the veteran, transfers over the time it was published till the time it came to auction and the family did not even have all the data. The stones look pink and I guess you can blame the photographer for that as they are Pigeon bloods from Burma. There was far more information on this piece than what was shown and the description is an auction description and is typical auctioneer chatter. Hitler never wore jewelry and this was a personal possession grabbed at wars end. You can bitch up and down about sending the presenter to the front or dazzle with knowledge of jewelry but that ring is original and much of the documentation has been acquired after the auction, anything to the contrary is horse crap and serves as nothing more than padding post counts and chest thumping.

I wish this thing got torched before the auction as I had a paddle and the provenance and you were not shaking that. Say what you want about the ring, but there is one thing for certain, it was manufactured for Adolf Hitler and those are Burmese rubies, and its shown in multiple period trade magazines that barely exist. Bla bla blah. Same story time and time again, the Nazi's would never allow that and they would string the guy up with piano wire, send him to the from, kill his dog, massacre his family. Not so, and proven wrong time and time again on many pieces. If you stop looking at the Germans as gods you might be able to see these things. It amazes me the comments made, at least the guy with jewelry experience stated his reasons, but its wrong none the less. Its the dam photos. What does it take for you people to believe something on occasion? a staggering amount of provenance and rarely do you see the amount that go's to this piece. OMG! its a piece of crap, guy would be sent to the front or shot!!!. Oh Brother!

Its a good thing sometimes when people clobber an item and I can move in and buy it at a discount full knowing its right as rain. I am good with that, but for the most part if you do not know what your talking about you should not say anything at all. I realize fakes make our lives difficult but you guys can be bruisers on legit pieces. Wtf? The mothers photo changed hands and no one ever bothered to open the frame, it had an inscription hand written on the rear and accompanied this ring.

?

I can imagine this "artistic" ring being made by a young familymember or member of some highranking NS family, maybe like a "first try" to make a ring without the teachers help. The proud maker then wanted dear uncle adolf to have it, to remember cute little fritz when he was finishing his jewelry school.

The basement of the Fuhrerbau had rooms filled with items given to the Fuhrer. Manyt gifts were given in 1939 marking his 50th birthday. Much of was in the room was technically Hitler's, but that did not mean he used or maybe even saw some these gifts. This ring likely falls in to that category.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The basement of the Fuhrerbau had rooms filled with items given to the Fuhrer. Manyt gifts were given in 1939 marking his 50th birthday. Much of was in the room was technically Hitler's, but that did not mean he used or maybe even saw some these gifts. This ring likely falls in to that category.
    Bob, the ring was done and shown as being manufactured for the man in 1937 in a trade Guild, all the information was there. Sure he had a pile of things but this was apparently made by tradesman if I remember correctly as a direct gift. The orb is even photographed and looking at that you would think that people would recognize that work. Its clearly German in manufacture and in line with the ring itself. Whether it sat in a basement is no matter. Its Hitlers ring whether stored in his sock drawer or piled in a basement, and with it a photo of Clara which he apparently did handle. I think its safe to say he probably handled this ring.

?

Deep breath.
    We are having a spirited discussion here but are all friends.
    With respect, there is no need to go on the defensive.
    Though we are clearly many who have out doubts, several of us (myself included) have alluded to the possibility of this being amongst the numerous gifts bestowed upon the Führer from different people from all walks of life in Germany. Not saying it is, not saying it aint. As for documention, I have my doubts.
    Lets calm down, its just a bauble on the internet - with respect, there are far more serious things to get riled up about.
    Lets not go all 'Tristan' on this one also

Quote by Scout View Post
    Deep breath.
    We are having a spirited discussion here but are all friends.
    With respect, there is no need to go on the defensive.
    Though we are clearly many who have out doubts, several of us (myself included) have alluded to the possibility of this being amongst the numerous gifts bestowed upon the Führer from different people from all walks of life in Germany. Not saying it is, not saying it aint. As for documention, I have my doubts.
    Lets calm down, its just a bauble on the internet - with respect, there are far more serious things to get riled up about.
    Lets not go all 'Tristan' on this one also
    I agree with Scout, it may very well have belonged to GröFaZ, but it really does look like something that fell out of a Christmas cracker!...

I recall the story of Hitler showing someone a room full of kitschy uber-patriotic items and saying "I know they're kitschig, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

[QUOTE=ajax3985;. The stones look pink and I guess you can blame the photographer for that as they are Pigeon bloods from Burma.
    , but there is one thing for certain, it was manufactured for Adolf Hitler and those are Burmese rubies,

And your qualifications for judging precious stones are what ?????

The center stone is pink period. I do not care what you think the photographer did. A Burmese blood ruby is blood red even under intense light. I do believe my many gemology classes at the university level gives me the room to make that statement.

Your pal

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast