Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Well, the one (& possibly only) member here that would be able to tell if it was real or not, with his radiomammagrams or whatever they were, got booted off today - so there you go, we`ll never know.
    What i think i can tell you, is that i think i know why the maker hid his name & details on the bottom, on a small, piece of hastily cut silver, that was screwed on to a piece of wood, and not on the actual object: I think it may possibly be due to the fact that he may of been somewhat ashamed of the quality of his work here. Maybe what we are looking at here, is the actual prototype of the real mcoy? that would be even rarer - or not no maybe less, maybe he made several attempts.

Maybe we shouldn't read too much into minute images of old books (that too are as: zitat - rare as hens teeth) that are supposed to show this ring, or stories that are supposed to back it up? none of us lost any cash on this one, and so we wont be needing to hide our latest buy from the wife "You paid WHAT.. for THAT!!!!" so let`s just be happy for the new owner. May he wear it with pride.
    Your starting to sound like an academic sir. ;o) Don't stop looking at the pieces and start second guessing yourself for spectrometers and gadgets. Its a fairly easy call my friend, no shame in that piece really and don't want to be guessing what someone else was thinking 70 years ago or you will start contradicting what you wrote in the past and defending yourself with most of your time and its not a badge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    brutus. this is the ring that came up for sale in september 2013, and was expected to sell in auction for 70 thousand pounds.
    Thank you.

?

Well, the one (& possibly only) member here that would be able to tell if it was real or not, with his radiomammagrams or whatever they were, got booted off today - so there you go, we`ll never know.
    What i think i can tell you, is that i think i know why the maker hid his name & details on the bottom, on a small, piece of hastily cut silver, that was screwed on to a piece of wood, and not on the actual object: I think it may possibly be due to the fact that he may of been somewhat ashamed of the quality of his work here. Maybe what we are looking at here, is the actual prototype of the real mcoy? that would be even rarer - or not no maybe less, maybe he made several attempts.

Maybe we shouldn't read too much into minute images of old books (that too are as: zitat - rare as hens teeth) that are supposed to show this ring, or stories that are supposed to back it up? none of us lost any cash on this one, and so we wont be needing to hide our latest buy from the wife "You paid WHAT.. for THAT!!!!" so let`s just be happy for the new owner. May he wear it with pride.
    Interesting theory.

?

Well that was a challenge reading thorough all those comments! I'm glad you all had a good discussion about this piece. Thanks for all the interesting feedback.

Did anyone comment on the Inside construction of the ring?
    its not solid, its a rolled gold band.

this is not a sign of quality.
    I think this topic Might be a staged promotion of the ring.

From the initial post's description:
    "The work appears to have been done on a sheet of silver which was then secured to the body of the ring, having been rolled over in bands. A raised stylized "KB" hallmark is evident on the inside of the band. The ring once had a powder coating of yellow gold, almost certainly 24 karat, but only a hint of that surface remains, with largely only the sterling silver base remaining visible."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The basement of the Fuhrerbau had rooms filled with items given to the Fuhrer. Manyt gifts were given in 1939 marking his 50th birthday. Much of was in the room was technically Hitler's, but that did not mean he used or maybe even saw some these gifts. This ring likely falls in to that category.
    The supposed period image posted by Odal says 1930, a full 7 years before the Fühererbau.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Bob, the ring was done and shown as being manufactured for the man in 1937 in a trade Guild,
    It does say 1930, not 1937. And without having the name of this trade magazine, the picture posted by Odal, as well as every mention of it, must be discarded. One cannot simply present a b/w image, claim it comes from a rare magazine, in fact make many claims about it and use those claims as proof, when nobody else - who may be interested - has the chance to cross reference the "period" info. For all anyone knows it could very well be a bogus image. No amount of "Oh but it is not bogus" is going to help at all. Words are meaningless, reference is everything, so until the source is mentioned, the image is irrelevant.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The ring once had a powder coating of yellow gold,
    Chinese five spices mix maybe? All the gold has rubbed off? even in the many places that physically cannot come into contact with anything except air?

So some rich ponce has shelled out a working mans yearly salary for this.. so what? Let them be happy and rejoice, they can play "pop the ring into the egg - and take it back out again" all day long for all i care. This kind of bling-bling always stays in the same circles anyway, and doesn't encroach into the "real hobby" so who`s bothered. And seriously, there are only two people in the world who would want it, Bam Margera or Flavor Flave.

?

Barnfind (Berchtesgaden). :-)

?

It does say 1930, not 1937. And without having the name of this trade magazine, the picture posted by Odal, as well as every mention of it, must be discarded. One cannot simply present a b/w image, claim it comes from a rare magazine, in fact make many claims about it and use those claims as proof, when nobody else - who may be interested - has the chance to cross reference the "period" info. For all anyone knows it could very well be a bogus image. No amount of "Oh but it is not bogus" is going to help at all. Words are meaningless, reference is everything, so until the source is mentioned, the image is irrelevant.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Claiming some magazine provenance is useless.
    Donning the mantle of a COA likewise - most are not worth the paper they are printed on.
    Stating that the bauble is something or other because of some documentation, which for some reason or other can not be shown here, is neither here nor there.
    With respect.

Chinese five spices mix maybe? All the gold has rubbed off? even in the many places that physically cannot come into contact with anything except air?
    According to the auction blurb:

The ring once had a powder coating of yellow gold, almost certainly 24 karat, but only a hint of that surface remains, with largely only the sterling silver base remaining visible.

This must be their copy writer using the wrong terminology—I have used powder coating on the chassis of race cars in my past and IMO it is not a process for fine or small objects or depositing 24 karat gold:

Powder coating

...maybe the writer meant "plating" but I am not a jewellery maker but either way as you rightly mention there should be more evidence of "gold" coating on those sections not subject to wear by the various owners......my precious!

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast