Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Big Nazi political ring

Article about: This is a large ring. I can almost imagine it squeezed onto the fat finger of a fat Gauleiters with a predilection for Würstchen...

Rings have been cast for centuries, yet you use the fact that a ring or parts thereof that are cast, as a stick to beat ALL WWII period rings into being fake, and that is totally without substantiation other than your own.

Basically according to you, all rings that show ANY signs of casting are fake, and that has not been proven from any reliable source or academic study that I can find. You just say what you believe without any real foundation other than your personal belief, and that's not good enough.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big Nazi political ring
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    Rings have been cast for centuries, yet you use the fact that a ring or parts thereof that are cast, as a stick to beat ALL WWII period rings into being fake, and that is totally without substantiation other than your own.

Basically according to you, all rings that show ANY signs of casting are fake, and that has not been proven from any reliable source or academic study that I can find. You just say what you believe without any real foundation other than your personal belief, and that's not good enough.
    May be casted rings exist in WW2 period, but only in trenches. Germans never made such low quality jewelry in WW2 period. IMHO

Quote by Triggerself View Post
    May be casted rings exist in WW2 period, but only in trenches. Germans never made such low quality jewelry in WW2 period. IMHO
    So it's "IMHO"...... Which is what I expected, and not borne out by any facts whatsoever. Thanks at least for your honesty in this matter, I'm done with this now.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by Triggerself View Post
    Well, may be I'm wrong, but I'm relly don't saw original casted ring from WW2 period.

Why then casted lion heads and open work band rings are not modern rings but WW2?

I think this is double standarts, with the same sentence we can say for instance for well know die struck ring - "Why this ring can be casted?".
    Sorry Sergey.
    Again you are wrong my friend.
    In casting you can produce nearly every kind of design.
    While die strucking not.
    To struck a item with a die is only the easier way to produce.
    But some items you can`t produce with die strucking method.
    So casting was done to every time.

The ring looks like wearable cutlery....but it's missing the greek pattern

Big Nazi political ring

?

Maybe for explaining some examples of cast rings.....
    Rings you can not produce while die strucking:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big Nazi political ring  

Well I certainly forked out quite a lot of money for it!

This is more for curiosity, are there any other examples of this style out there? It's a cool looking piece.

?

I'm grateful to Ned for opening a discussion about the use of casting in ring making. Would it also be a reasonable assumption that casting might be preferred for the production of very limited runs and one-offs? Most of the rings that are presented here are mass-produced whereas the one being discussed here is not. I did wonder why, if it was special piece for some bigwig, the craftsman left the defect next to the swastika rather than carefully easing it down.

I'm grateful to SpitfireVb for sharing his collection. Very interesting things although almost impossible to authenticate it seems.

Philip

The similarity to the AH formal pattern is quite interesting. Would have thought Adolf might have took exception to that!! LOL

Steve

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast