Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Big Nazi political ring

Article about: This is a large ring. I can almost imagine it squeezed onto the fat finger of a fat Gauleiters with a predilection for Würstchen...

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Trond could VERY Quickly clarify what you meant by this statement...and the word used in quotations ? Others may not see the point you are making..as for myself..I can not make heads or tails of it..and why that has to be used as an adjective describing a ring representing this time period..whether real or not !
    Have a look at post # 30, Larry.

Trond was not referring to the ring, but to a fake "Jude/Warschau" stamp sold by "Triggerself".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big Nazi political ring
    P
    Many

Thankyou Andreas . I meant to say Metal stamp...as the thread topic is about a ring. My apologies

Yes I saw that ...but a reference should of been made " The Rubber Stamp in Post 30 "....including a connecting link would not of drawn the attention of myself and other Mods and others who might misunderstand and take out of context when in Post 30.......that term was not said or used.

I Understand it is not meant that way..yet it on this forum..it shall not be used as such describing any item or artifact. Thankyou for pointing out Post 30

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Come on Larry- grab some coffe- here iam trying to avoid using the word "JUDE", by writing the english translation for new readers.

And there has been only one stamp in this thread with that word. Right??! You cannot seriously say you didnt see the horrible stamp in post 30 i was refering to?!

And yes i could have been refering to "post # 30". To bad i were short of time had to buy supplies in the nearest town today.

English could also have been my native language, but its not

Got my coffee..and came straight from Java Island...love it .

I edited for content and put into your post " Jude Marked Metal Stamp "

I saw that junk stamp in Post 30 ..but had to edit for content as I understand English is not your native 2nd language No problem

Carry on.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

Can't we all just get along ! LOL

Hi all,
    ajax3985 asked for a better photo of the hallmark. The letters inside the small indentation above the silver content (800) are indeed 'JL'. Hope this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big Nazi political ring  

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Hi all,
    ajax3985 asked for a better photo of the hallmark. The letters inside the small indentation above the silver content (800) are indeed 'JL'. Hope this helps.
    Hi,

Let me see what I can do with this and chasing silver manufacturers can be a real headache which is why I want to be chasing the right one. In many cases the person responsible for a problem piece will not run the hallmark or the maker mark or even try, so you get a lot of items on material that will not meet their needs and be of the right time frame. It does not solve the problem however unless its outside is claimed era.

I think the problem for ring collectors is the same problem we all have and even if your experienced with 10, 20, or 50 years of knowledge on rings your screwed when the piece is non-typical or custom. We got fake silverware, fake boxes, fake platters, napkin ring holders, Etc. with these eagles and other items. Their out there and their visible and their not right, would a ring guy know?. No, not really and you actually need a guy who is not a ring man.

Anyway, I will run the hallmark and JL keeps kicking me into Britain but its not exact and I doubt that is British anyway. Does the finish inside the rear cut out differ in anyway from the finish inside the band?.

This a very interesting discussion in a collecting field that can have little reliable documentation either way. Years ago I found a plain silver ring with two lightly engraved SS runes on the top in a cigar box full of a vet's souvenirs. It was undoubtedly genuine but at the same time few collectors today would consider a period original piece. As to the ring that started this thread, I do like the look and design of it and that is just my personal opinion. Few of these items come with a rock solid provenance which makes it a very difficult field to authenticate.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's hard to tell as the cut-out is deeply indented and difficult to clean. It looks like it is the same but tarnished. It's dark grey colour. This is the best picture I can provide with my limited photographic skills.

Big Nazi political ring

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Hi,

Let me see what I can do with this and chasing silver manufacturers can be a real headache which is why I want to be chasing the right one. In many cases the person responsible for a problem piece will not run the hallmark or the maker mark or even try, so you get a lot of items on material that will not meet their needs and be of the right time frame. It does not solve the problem however unless its outside is claimed era.

I think the problem for ring collectors is the same problem we all have and even if your experienced with 10, 20, or 50 years of knowledge on rings your screwed when the piece is non-typical or custom. We got fake silverware, fake boxes, fake platters, napkin ring holders, Etc. with these eagles and other items. Their out there and their visible and their not right, would a ring guy know?. No, not really and you actually need a guy who is not a ring man.

Anyway, I will run the hallmark and JL keeps kicking me into Britain but its not exact and I doubt that is British anyway. Does the finish inside the rear cut out differ in anyway from the finish inside the band?.

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    It's hard to tell as the cut-out is deeply indented and difficult to clean. It looks like it is the same but tarnished. It's dark grey colour. This is the best picture I can provide with my limited photographic skills.
    Hi,

Appreciate that and sent these photos out to my jewelry guru as I forgot that the British Empire was larger than it is today and I am pretty sure that is a poppy. See what I get back on that and the Hallmark. If not for anything else you will get a solid opinion on it. I will get back to you on this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast