Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bonafide SS Honour Ring

Article about: -- Recently picked this gem up. It's near mint condition save for someone doing a poor job in trying to erase the name.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    And that's 2007 prices too.
    — Possibly even more now. In my online travels I came across a Don Boyle ring authentication from 1996 and it cost $160. So $250 in 2007. In 2019/2020???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bonafide SS Honour Ring
    P
    Many

Quote by lartiste View Post
    Nothing wrong here. Just would like to kindly ask you to share at least Fiala's stammkarte with us.
    — I’ll try to get a pic tonight after work. Sadly there’s no photo of the men. That woulda been cool.

This is well known original. Last time sold by Lake Side Trader. Congratulations!

Nothing wrong here. Just would like to kindly ask you to share at least Fiala's stammkarte with us.

Bonafide SS Honour RingBonafide SS Honour Ring

Many thanks!

Just for archive purpose, the ring was sold by Lake Side Trader already before in 2007 and again to you this or last year. Proof is here:

Anillos de la SS - Foro Segunda Guerra Mundial

Your guy attended the SS officer training school at Bad Tolz.
    Here is a war time photo of the school that was taken by my
    friend who was an artillery spotter for Patton's 3rd army.

The picture was taken just after the school was taken over by the US.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bonafide SS Honour Ring   Bonafide SS Honour Ring  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Your guy attended the SS officer training school at Bad Tolz.
    Here is a war time photo of the school that was taken by my
    friend who was an artillery spotter for Patton's 3rd army.

The picture was taken just after the school was taken over by the US.
    -- Amazing! Thanks for that information and accompanying photo Chopperman. I don't read German so I don't understand much of his record and accomplishments so thank you for the insight.

Many thanks!

Just for archive purpose, the ring was sold by Lake Side Trader already before in 2007 and again to you this or last year. Proof is here:

Anillos de la SS - Foro Segunda Guerra Mundial
    -- Thanks for this post lartiste. So interesting to see how much the ring has travelled! Truly a living and breathing piece of history. I was very fortunate because I literally saw Lakeside post it at around 2:00am my time (I'm on Canada's west coast and so 3 hours ahead of eastern Canada) and fired off an email instantaneously and crossed my fingers. Morning came and when I checked my email there was a response that the piece was mine (I happened to be the first to respond.) I quickly put down a deposit and the rest is history (pun intended). Apparently I was quite lucky as the interest in this ring was significant. And interestingly enough I only paid $129 more than the price listed 12 years ago!

"Absolutely the best SS Honor Ring
    Well guys I've owned several examples over the years and this one I could not pass up. Just never seen one this good. Dated 21.6.43 it was awarded to "Fiala". One interesting aspect of this example is that the name has had a weak attempt to remove the name. It was only half-hearted and the name remains clearly visible. Truly speaks to the period as many SS guys tried to disassociate themselves with the organization at the close of hostilities. Correct in all aspects to include the seam to the reverse of the skull, the inscription and all aspects of construction. As with all honor rings I sell, this one comes with Don Boyle's Certificate of Authenticity . I also contacted Robert McDivitt who confimed the recipients identity and prepared a research package for him. SS Obersturmfuhrer Franz Fiala served in both the Allgemeine and Waffen SS. This package includes 33 pages of documentation. Great score as I have researched guys in the past and paid good $ for just a few pages. This example was originally purchased from a Mississippi Vet. It has everything you could ask for in a honor ring, Absolute proof of who the guy was, (as you know with many rings the owners identity can not be traced), pages of documentation, Don Boyle's Certificate and near mint condition! If you want the best this is it! NM
    $9870."

Fake, sorry...

Quote by Sidelock123 View Post
    Fake, sorry...
    -- I bow to your wisdom and deep insight.

Please share with me, and the forum, the details that have thus far been overlooked and fooled the experts, including the world leader in SS Honour Ring authentication, Mr. Don Boyle. I'm sure many here would be curious.

to complete the discussion - there were some unclear opinions concerning the ring at German daggers board - Fiala Ring - German Daggers

Gaspare is one of the very experienced ring collectors, Evgeniy is producer of best copies. You can try to post more pics. Can I share your pics on German daggers board?

I myself believe this is original, I only see two points to doubt:

1. the name is partly scratched eventhough there was no reason to do so - the names were usually scratched out at the end of war, but your man died during the war, so why?

2. if possible can you share better picture of Himmler's signature? the photos of the signature are not clear ....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast