Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Carin Göring's ring

Article about: I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

?

Default Re: Carin Göring's ring

I've adjusted the thread title to clarify this is Carin Goering's ring not her husband's.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carin Göring's ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Görings ring

Quote by Horst View Post
    The real key here is "Provenance", everything else is speculation - Provenance reflecting that the ring came from Goring or was his property in one way or another.

Horst
    Quote by big ned View Post
    The examination of the photo shown here and any others and related letters/ documents or whatever, is needed as much as the examination of the ring IMO. Afterall, don't we agree that the ring is nothing as it stands alone, yet with corroborating evidence of a positive link to the nurse concerned it bears some POSSIBLE chance of being what it is mooted to be?

As far as the ring goes itself, who is to say it was bought by Goring? If it is an opal, then it is Carin Goring's birthstone and may have been owned by her since a young age, perhaps before she was even married to her first husband, never mind old Hermann her second one. We can go on forever saying this and that, but at the end of the day it needs careful examination by an expert to even hope it is of the correct period and a genuine piece from that time.

Then you may have a ring with some provenance IF you are to believe that it all came together, and that is something that will never be truly known unless photographic evidence of the woman in question wearing it, or a ledger, insurance document, diary or other such information is found to prove the link.

And that is in all probability unlikely....So best case scenario is IF what is already available here is shown to be genuine, then you still have to want to BELIEVE.

Regards, Ned.
    I wholly support these statements above by Horst and Big Ned . A high profile artifact like this has to have more supportive evidence than just,,"It came from someones great grandmother" No disrespect to the poster,,but speculation does not bring it closer to authenticity neither.
    A photo of Goring doesnt do it for me also. 2 posts only from the original poster saying equally the same thing?? It is wishful thinking on my part that I hope it is real,, but doubt creeps in quicker when there are more words than proof.

Regardless if there are no markings inside the ring ...post the photos anyway,, we might see something you may not or something maybe you dont want us to see. The same with the photo. No more words.... if you want our help since you came here.....then let us help you! Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I will post more info when I have wisited a jeweller and found a photo of Carin wearing the ring, think there is one at my moms place.

CBH
    ?

I hope you can find some photos , and understand the forum members mistrust . It is easy to say anything on the internet , and people often do ! And a piece such as this with historical value does make people question any story . But a photo is worth a thousand words . Hope you can find the proof we'd all love to see . I wish you luck .
    Cheers Chris

found a letter
    Carin Göring's ring
    but no photo yet

Quote by Doorborn View Post
    found a letter
    Carin Göring's ring
    but no photo yet
    Looks interesting...Anyone here want to have a go translating it for a dunce like me?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My german is crap but I think its about a photo he sent of carin to my grandmother but dont got that photo here, will post it in about 2 weeks

The letter translates as:

"HERMANN GÖRING
    Hauptmann (ret.)
    Member of the
    Reichstag

Berlin-Schöneberg, 26 January 1932
    Badenschestr. 7

Dear nurse Maria,

unfortunately, it is only today that I find the time to send you the picture of my wife, as I had constantly been so very busy up until now.

I hope you are well and that we may occasionally meet again in Sweden. Today, too, I would like to once more thank you for your selfless care.

With cordial greetings

your

[signed: Hermann Göring]"

This ring is beginning to become quite interesting. From the various blurry but existing photo's of Carin Goring, it seems that she had a preference for large stone rings, and this one would definitely be of no exception. I'm still not liking the construction of the ring, but in pre-war Sweden, perhaps it was the style of the day?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Found some more stuff in the Göring map
    Front and Back
    Carin Göring's ringCarin Göring's ring
    From the Funeral
    Photo of Thomas von Kantzow
    Carin Göring's ring
    And a letter from Thomas

Im a crappy reader so will not try to translate them.
    But the first photo is from some capt. Müller
    Letter is about telling thank you for the time in Stockhom, wishing a merry x-mus and that he has arrived to Carinhall.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast