Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK rings

Article about: Hello all, just thought I might post a few pics of some of the trench art rings in my collection. These are some of my DAK rings.

Yes I am aware there are others with a different mindset out there. With around 150 WW2 rings in my collection of about 8 years, I tend to think of myself as a serious collector. My observations are based on online research and the examples in my collection. I don't have a single North African ring without a hallmark. By comparison, I don't have any Philippine rings with hallmarks. Now there may be examples with excessive wear where the hallmark is worn and not easy to see, but I have always found them present under examination with a jewelers loupe. I would have reservations about the authenticity of a North African ring, especially a DAK ring, with no sign of a hallmark. That's merely my opinion based on my research.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK rings
    P
    Many

?

Much thanks for kind explaining.

I am a ring collector for long years, but usually the mass produced ones and i am always glad to learn some more or hear some other opinions.

Very nice to meet you here!

Default Tripoli and Tunis rings

A couple more from the collection, a Tripoli in silver and a gold washed silver Tunis.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK rings  
    Attached Images Attached Images DAK rings 
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-22-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos properly.

?

Again 2 nice ones.
    This Tunis ring - are its shoulders in art deco style?

Yes they are, and it seems to be a fairly common design element for rings from North Africa. I will post a couple more examples of this tonight

?

I real enjoy to see this ones and learn more about this so called "trenchart"-rings.

A question to you: there are a lot of these rings around with period italian hallmarks - are they in your opinion produced in italy?

I have seen several examples of these DAK rings, usually made of brass, with Italian markings. I have stayed away from them personally as being too hard to authenticate, and/or having been made after the African campaign was over if they are not outright fakes. I have also obeserved several DAK rings with German maker marks on the outer shank. These fall under the same category as being not made in the WW2 time period if not complete fakes in my opinion.

Here are two more African rings, an Algiers showing a definite art deco styling in chromed brass, and a large Tunis with beautiful Arabic scrollwork.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK rings   DAK rings  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-22-2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos properly.

?

Again 2 very nice rings.
    The second one looks to me as a multi-piece-construction.

Its actually one single piece, just the way the table has been formed to give it a raised clean look. It is engraved Tunis across the bottom of the band. Very hefty too around 23 grams as I recall..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast