Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Fallschirmjägering

Article about: Hello, Where are the prices for 100% original rings in good condition? Thanks and Greetings

Quote by odal View Post
    Wow!
    Excellent pics now.

Ok, this pattern exist period in 2 variants. A silver one and an Alpacca one with siver plating.
    Both patterns die struck while using a soft intermediate layer so you get this kind of 3-dimensional backside.
    The front gets very sharp and crisp from the die, the backside soft with a kind of mirror image from the front.

Normal wearing on a ring you find always first only in the arised parts. In the deeper sections still the details should be fine
    and clear. No way wearing down there.
    This ring, doesn`t matter how good the pics, is missing his details on the plate.
    Sorry, but for me still a cast copy of a worn ring.
    Well made, but a copy.
    Hi Götz,

I am always impressed by your powers of observation of fine detail and your knowledge about TR ring construction. The lack of 'pebbling' on the background to the eagle is certainly a cause of some suspicion, however, it puzzles me how such a ring - if indeed a dud - was found in a box containing several items of FJ memorabilia. Does this imply that the rest of the stuff in Maxxx's photos is suspect too? Conversely, if the rest of the items are OK, why would someone include a fake ring with it........?

We see this on the Forum not infrequently: That is, a dud ring being 'found' along with other, apparently, authentic items. Makes me wonder if the supposed 'dud' rings are actually OK but we get hung up on the assumption that cast=fake.

Kind regards,
    Stephen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjägering
    P
    Many

?

I always only build my opinion about the stuff i know and have some experience.

Can`t say anything to this other found stuff, but found within good items will mean in my opinion nothing.
    World of collecting is very large and you often will find a mix of good items and fakes in a collection or on
    dealers websites.

?

Quote by odal View Post
    Wow!
    Excellent pics now.

Ok, this pattern exist period in 2 variants. A silver one and an Alpacca one with siver plating.
    Both patterns die struck while using a soft intermediate layer so you get this kind of 3-dimensional backside.
    The front gets very sharp and crisp from the die, the backside soft with a kind of mirror image from the front.

Normal wearing on a ring you find always first only in the arised parts. In the deeper sections still the details should be fine
    and clear. No way wearing down there.
    This ring, doesn`t matter how good the pics, is missing his details on the plate.
    Sorry, but for me still a cast copy of a worn ring.
    Well made, but a copy.
    Hello,

I guess your opinion as a ring expert.
    Thank you!
    Since I know where the pieces can come from,I can not imagine fake
    The man the the pieces (old ddr ,east germany) had my opinion not necessary.

Best regards

sorry for my very bad english by google translate!

Hello! I do not believe in rings silver of this type. They were not found in the ground, only Alpacca

I don't know what to tell you, Stephen. I've seen rings being photographed as they've been dug right out of the battlefield dirt and still people howl at them and scoff that they are cast, fake, etc. Personally, I think there is still much we do not know about rings.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3