Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

A few more skull rings

Article about: Hi all! I really appreciated the feedback on my earlier posting of my rings, I found a few more that I would like to show. I tried to get close up shots of the backs but they did not come ou

?

Yes these came from Maxim, He documented the dig fairly well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few more skull rings
    P
    Many

Maxim is honest and respected seller. No one had a problems with him

?

details of the rings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few more skull rings   A few more skull rings  

A few more skull rings   A few more skull rings  

?

glass eye
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few more skull rings   A few more skull rings  

?

Gold #2

?

and finally the most corroded one

A few more skull rings  

I think 'gold' rings show gas porosity from casting. What do you think Goetz?

It seems Maxim's integrity regarding finger rings is being called into question on more than one occasion just recently, and by some who have happily bought his ground dug items without any problems regarding authenticity before now. Why is this and would someone like to voice their reasons or concerns for clearly doing so?

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Are you asking me, Ned?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Are you asking me, Ned?
    Hi Glenn,

Anyone who has found reason to bring into question the originality of the rings that have come from Maxim. You seem to have voiced concerns both here and in another thread, so yes, why don't you start the ball rolling on your thoughts regarding this and hopefully others may then join in. There has been a definite sea change recently on this subject, and I discussed it at length last night with a mod. It would be interesting to hear the opinions of those more closely involved, but if you'd rather not then I can fully understand.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast