Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

A few more skull rings

Article about: Hi all! I really appreciated the feedback on my earlier posting of my rings, I found a few more that I would like to show. I tried to get close up shots of the backs but they did not come ou

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Care to share a photo of your ring please, William?
    I would like to see your ring too please ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few more skull rings
    P
    Many

I'll try and get a good photo of it in the sunlight(if there Is sun tomorrow!) All I can do is give it a shot!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well...it rained all day here so I was forced to try some shots indoors, with mixed results. I am not a great photographer-my wife was always my saving grace when it came to cameras. The ring is referred to by some as "The Dentist", as he is missing a tooth. Try as I might, I could Not get a good clear picture of the maker's mark, but did succeed Somewhat by taking a snap of it's Reflection. Hopefully, it should be enough to make it out. You can see the Star and the "F". At any rate, here he is.
    A few more skull ringsA few more skull ringsA few more skull ringsA few more skull rings
    William

?

I await answers from Maxim about al of this. So I apologize if your all waiting for some revelation from me.

Exists in two variations

A few more skull rings

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well...it rained all day here so I was forced to try some shots indoors, with mixed results. I am not a great photographer-my wife was always my saving grace when it came to cameras. The ring is referred to by some as "The Dentist", as he is missing a tooth. Try as I might, I could Not get a good clear picture of the maker's mark, but did succeed Somewhat by taking a snap of it's Reflection. Hopefully, it should be enough to make it out. You can see the Star and the "F". At any rate, here he is.
    A few more skull ringsA few more skull ringsA few more skull ringsA few more skull rings
    Well known and common pattern period made by the Frey company, Pforzheim. Always marked "835", "F*" and Laurin mark.

The markings on this one look real fine.....on the last pic there is a very clear reflection of them

Here is a more unusual ring type. I was unable to capture the marking inside, but it looks to be a small helmeted head and 800 silver mark.

A few more skull ringsA few more skull rings
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-14-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    William

One last odd one for the night. I call this type for obvious reasons "pointy chin" but I have no idea what it's actual name is. It is supposed to be from Austria. I have only seen it's type,perhaps, 2 other times.

A few more skull ringsA few more skull ringsA few more skull rings
    William

Here is a more unusual ring type. I was unable to capture the marking inside, but it looks to be a small helmeted head and 835 silver mark.
    strange ring, looks bad for me

One last odd one for the night. I call this type for obvious reasons "pointy chin" but I have no idea what it's actual name is. It is supposed to be from Austria. I have only seen it's type,perhaps, 2 other times.
    This is very nice ring and very rare

Quote by Triggerself View Post
    strange ring, looks bad for me
    From only 2 photos how do you make that call?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast