Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ Paratrooper ring

Article about: by Feuerbach I have found and lost items during detecting that could be found by someone else. For example I have found a fake SS Erkennungsmarke once detecting. Who in earth loses a fake EK

Default FJ Paratrooper ring

One colleague found this ring in the ground in Bertrix, Belgium.
    So, for him, it's original, but on WAF, it's a fake.
    I know there is here collectors for ring, you advice please....

For me, it's fine.
    Cheers
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Paratrooper ring
    P
    Many

Couldn't tell you if the ring is good or bad (looks good to me, but I'm far from an expert) but the fact it was found in the ground is no garantee it is original.
    I have found and lost items during detecting that could be found by someone else.
    For example I have found a fake SS Erkennungsmarke once detecting. Who in earth loses a fake EK? But than again I used to wear a SS honor ring, a copy I had bought years ago thinking it was the real deal. But it was fake so I wore it for years untll I lost it one day while detecting. I feel sorry for the finder who will find it one day (maybe even post it here as a SS relic ring!).
    Just saying; being ground dug is no garantee.

bad..this is FAKE

Hello Michel, I have seen and handled many fakes in my days, but this ring, if it is fake, is of a construction that I am not familiar with seeing before. I rather am leaning towards liking it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thumbs up

The construction is not like any I have seen before and while that is in its self no guarentee - I agree, I like it.
    Sarge

?

A cast fake one.

Even highly probable a pre war fantasy - i have never seen a sure period one of this pattern, a pic in wearing or an advert for this ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A question I would ask, are All cast manufactured rings always fake? Every one of the cheap canteen pieces also?
    William

?

Difficult question.
    In my opinion more than 90 % of the period mass produced german rings are die struck.
    This was the cheapest, quickest and best method in manufacturing. So some collectors think nearly all are struck. I think some patterns (some lionheads/holes in band/band punctuated) are cast to this times too.

This ring in the thread is a relativly unprofessionel lost wax casting - for sure not done in the old times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting! So then, the Belgian Digger is lying about his discovery of it.
    William

?

Hm - i don`t know and don`t want to make a statement about.

I myself don`t buy and collect any stories.
    Only facts (the items) count for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast