Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi, i found this ring in my grand father garage (was a prisoner in Polland during the WW2) ... Can you tell me if its a real or a fake!??? Thank you.

Mathmagnet
    ?

Default Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?

Hi, i found this ring in my grand father garage (was a prisoner in Polland during the WW2) ...

Can you tell me if its a real or a fake!???

Thank you.

Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?

2. # ADS

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, this is a poor fake.

Compare to some originals shown on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Mathmagnet
    ?

Ok but how you see that?...its difficult to agree with that because my grandfather was at the WW2 in a prisoner camp in polland...and he was not knowing how to go on the internet to buy a fake...

Thanks.

I can't explain how your grandfather got the ring but it's a poor quality fake!...

?

bottom photo at top of ring you can see the casting ridge line from mould. Ade is correct as it is unfortnately not an original ring and a post war cast reproduction. Also verbiage inside ring is not cast properly compared to original. Wait for other as well to weigh in but I am in agreement that it is not a real himmler ring.

Welcome to the best froum out there. The group here truly does care about giving good sound wisdom
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The bestowal date of 25.11.37 is utterly bogus.

The only date commemorated on Ehrenrings for the month of November was the 9th of November, first used in 1939/40, for example 9.11.40, the date relating back to the Beer Hall Putsch back on 9th November 1923. Or probably more likely the SS related date of Kristallnacht on 9/10 November 1938, the real start of the 'campaign' against the Jews and a subject close to Himmler's zealous ideology.

Therefore your ring cannot, under any circumstances be genuine.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Low quality fake. Even the skull's face is crooked. As suggested-look through the genuine examples posted on this site and compare. Apples to oranges. 100% Not genuine-despite the insisted on accompanying story.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

There is a ring with an identical inscription to this one on ebay right now.

Sterling Silver Antique German Skull Ring 1937 w Name | eBay

listed as original antique with "some symbols on the side but I do not
    know what they are like a triangle and a star. "

Same casting marks - Agree now.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

The 'my grandfather's garage' stories just never get old...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast