MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi, i found this ring in my grand father garage (was a prisoner in Polland during the WW2) ... Can you tell me if its a real or a fake!??? Thank you.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Or probably more likely the SS related date of Kristallnacht on 9/10 November 1938, the real start of the 'campaign' against the Jews and a subject close to Himmler's zealous ideology.
    Naw, Ned, there really is no doubt that the special significance of the 9th November date is in its being the anniversary of the failed 1923 Putsch.

All the ring award dates are linked to special "holidays" with either a particular meaning in the Nazi movement (like Hitler's birthday) or a traditional/mythological one (like the winter solstice), all of which were annually commemorated/celebrated throughout the land in various events.

That was simply never the case with the Reichskristallnacht.

The SS leadership even claimed to have had no previous knowledge of it and the SS as an organization officially did not even partake in that night's crimes, which Nazi propaganda styled into an unfortunate, but ultimately justified outbreak of righteous public rage triggered by the killing of Ernst vom Rath (when in reality it was, of course, orchestrated by the Nazi Party).

No matter, the ring is crap anyway.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a Totenkopf Ring...Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Naw, Ned, there really is no doubt that the special significance of the 9th November date is in its being the anniversary of the failed 1923 Putsch.

All the ring award dates are linked to special "holidays" with either a particular meaning in the Nazi movement (like Hitler's birthday) or a traditional/mythological one (like the winter solstice), all of which were annually commemorated/celebrated throughout the land in various events.

That was simply never the case with the Reichskristallnacht.

The SS leadership even claimed to have had no previous knowledge of it and the SS as an organization officially did not even partake in that night's crimes, which Nazi propaganda styled into an unfortunate, but ultimately justified outbreak of righteous public rage triggered by the killing of Ernst vom Rath (when in reality it was, of course, orchestrated by the Nazi Party).

No matter, the ring is crap anyway.
    Thanks for putting me straight on that one Andreas. My overactive imagination drifting into the realms of fantasy get's the better of me again.....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2