Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German silver ring

Article about: mathew ?how do you get a fake of something that never existed its a fantasy not a fake

ian
    ?

Default Re: German silver ring

mathew ?how do you get a fake of something that never existed
    its a fantasy not a fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German silver ring
    P
    Many

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The thing is, this, or any other of the rings he has posted are not Totenkopf Honour rings, they are merely Totenkopf rings that were sold all over the reich and occupied countrys as pure trinkets. The problem here is that they're not even original tat, but fake tat!

Regards, Ned.
    Agreed. They are a poor fake of an imitation...
    Matthew

?

Quote by ian View Post
    mathew ?how do you get a fake of something that never existed
    its a fantasy not a fake
    Either way, the book has nothing to do with it. Fake / fantasy - they are interchangeable as they are both representative of trash - just like this ring. Obviously the person who started this thread needed help or has other false intentions. I was merely discussing a book on real rings, per someone's request. Other than that, this thread has run its course, and is only existing as a means to discuss the ridiculous difference between the meaning of fake and fantasy.

Matthew

ian
    ?

mathew WELL SAID END EX cheers ian

Matthew, I don't claim to know definitively about the book either, I'm just saying what you said from a different viewpoint--I heard it was a bad source.

Since you heard it was a good source and I heard it was a bad source, I was hoping someone who knew for sure could chime in.

?

Quote by maurococa65 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I would like to buy this german ring, but I don't know if this one is fake or real, Please help me!

WW2 GERMAN SKULL & BONES SILVER RING - eBay (item 170506242756 end time Jul-03-10 04:46:59 PDT)
    As members are pointing out you keep posting the same type of rings some of which appear to be identical which you are being told time after time are fakes , then you ask if any books or catologues exist on rings , without wishing to put you off is there a point to this ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Matthew, I don't claim to know definitively about the book either, I'm just saying what you said from a different viewpoint--I heard it was a bad source.

Since you heard it was a good source and I heard it was a bad source, I was hoping someone who knew for sure could chime in.
    I agree. I also want to hear some other opinions about the book...

Matthew

dabbler
    ?

hello, im new to this forum, i found it researching this ring, i think ive been had! i suspected as much, i had picked up one of these (it wasnt cheap either), the guy had a good story that seemed reasonable and i bought it! he said he got it from an old guy who told him he got it when the germans were being rounded up and that this fellow traded it to him for some ciggarettes. anyway that was last summer, this summer i was back in the area where i bought it (it was at an antique shop), i stopped in to have a look and well, there was another one, seemed very suspicious he would have such a "rare ring" once again for sale i should have asked him about it to see if the story was the same! funny some of his stuff looked really legit, im still learning what to look for i guess, im a collector of things i find interesting and i love history, im not an expert but i am becoming more savvy when it comes to german fakes.
    i have a few things military from ww2, ww1 era (and earlier), vietnam, etc. i would like to post some of it to see what your opinions are?

?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You will find that a commonly repeated saying on here is 'buy the item, don't buy the story' or similar. Its a very good idea to post on here before buying, especially things like rings which have been faked on a huge scale for many years.

I'm sure that people will be interested to see whatever you care to post. Create one post per item in the relevant sub-forums, illustrated with clear, detailed photos, ask politely and you should be able to benefit from the considerable collective knowledge on here.

Regards, Philip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3