Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German skull ring

Article about: Is this a original ww2 german skull ring?

Default German skull ring

Is this a original ww2 german skull ring?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German skull ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German skull ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: german skull ring

Unfortunately it is the same as the other five you have posted, fake. May i kindly suggest that you do a little research yourself on the internet where real examples are shown, and the good and bad points are explained thoroughly. That is the best way to learn, instead of posting here where all you'll get all day is 'FAKE!' or 'Fourth Reich.' without any real explanations as to why. People expect you to make at least some attempt to find a little out about your subject before giving their opinions. Stop being lazy my friend.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As a newer collector who has a lot to learn myself, I realize how daunting and frustrating the task of scrutinizing these artifacts can be. But I have to agree with Big Ned. Lack of knowledge should not equal mental entropy. Quite the opposite. Please put in some effort yourself to learn and please use common sense as well. As it is you've posted 8 times asking whether or not these biker/Fourth Reich junk rings are real, some of which have been for the same kind of ring. They look to be from the same source/seller, so after one fake confirmation that should tell you a lot.

This forum is a remarkable resource for collectors. Indispensable even. We all have the privilege to ask questions and learn from the learned members here--but the learned members are our friends, fellow collectors and colleagues. They are not trained dogs which must bark on command.

ian
    ?

look at this guys other tthreads ???? these rings are east european fantasy rings uter rubish cheers ian
    hese after selling this rubish to us ,,,,he has no questions he knows what he has
    he thinks we are GULLABLE IDIOTS

?

Quote by maurococa65 View Post
    Is this a original ww2 german skull ring?
    As members are pointing out you keep posting the same type of rings some of which appear to be identical which you are being told time after time are fakes , then you ask if any books or catologues exist on rings , without wishing to put you off is there a point to this ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi,
    Anyone can see that most of the rings that are shown on any forum is a fantasy ring. It is most unusual for this type of ring to be original, they are few and far between, I agree with collectors like Locloc, who is a new member that we all have to learn. then again you have big Ned, Paul E, and myself who have collected for many years myself over forty yrs. before the computer it was all traval and books, these are the ways we learned. Please put some study time in and you will appreciate it more than just asking questions.
    dave.

Jan
    ?

hereĀ“s my newest ring and a picture of an original ad in a newspaper

Rgds Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German skull ring   German skull ring  

German skull ring   German skull ring  

German skull ring  

Nice post Jan, better than a thousand words!

Thanks, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It's very interesting!
    Thanks!
    Mauro