Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Skull ring... real or fake?

Article about: Looking at it, I bet ol' skinny there could eat an apple through a tennis racket, the handsome bugger him......

Yawattah
    ?

Default German Skull ring... real or fake?

I was told this ring belonged to a German SS soldier. I'm kind of thinking since the word 'silver' is in engraved in English that we probably were told wrong I ran across your forum and hoped to tap into the knowledge of the experts here. I saw some of the other German skull ring posts and sounds like there are many replicas so this very well could be one. Any ideas on this ring? Thank you so much in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
    German Skull ring... real or fake?German Skull ring... real or fake?German Skull ring... real or fake?

2. # ADS

Default Re: German Skull ring... real or fake?

It is indeed not German and does not have any connection to the SS.

Just the fact that that it has the word 'silver' inside is enough to confirm it's not a German ring as you mention. Also, it's design looks to me as if it wasn't even created with the intention of looking like a Totenkopf ring- the stripes and dots on the side look like 'tribal' inspired detailing, not Germanic. However, I'm not sure what genuine 'unofficial' skull rings did look like. Hopefully others can confirm my thoughts, the obvious part aside.

Mat

A fantasy item i would say. Welcome to the forum by the way.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

welcome to the forum the only way you are usually going to get an original german ring is if you actually dig it up as most were made for bikers and reenactors etc

tom

Quote by Yawattah View Post
    I was told this ring belonged to a German SS soldier. I'm kind of thinking since the word 'silver' is in engraved in English that we probably were told wrong I ran across your forum and hoped to tap into the knowledge of the experts here. I saw some of the other German skull ring posts and sounds like there are many replicas so this very well could be one. Any ideas on this ring? Thank you so much in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
    German Skull ring... real or fake?German Skull ring... real or fake?German Skull ring... real or fake?
    Hello mate, welcome to the forum,

If you're genuinely interested in purchasing a skull ring with as good a provenance as I reckon is possible, P.M. forum member 'Eismeerfront', or more correctly, Maxim. He regularly posts rings he has found in bunkers (some SS) on the 'Ostfront'. Many of these, and other items he finds are for sale. He's a good, honest guy in my opinion, and will surely be able to accomodate your requirments at a fairly reasonable price.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You have to love the goony teeth on this ring! I'm not trying to be insulting or anything here, but I Had to laugh when I first saw the face on the skull! It's priceless! And,yes-Ned is right,as usual -Eismeerfront/Maxim is a great source for dead on genuine skull rings and such. When they come right out of the ground, how can you argue with that,hey? Trust him- he's a good one! The piece you have now, I'm not even sure it actually Is silver, from the look of it. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yawattah
    ?

Thank you all so much for the info, I really appreciate the input. You confirmed my thoughts... even down to the "goofy face" of the skull

?

Hi Yawattah,

I don't know if you still frequent this forum, but I would very much like to buy your skull ring. Please shoot me an email if you see this message - jumpsuitmario@gmail.com.

What's funny to me is that recently, every ring with
    a skull on it has a false association or connection
    to Germany and/or an SS officer.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast