Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Souvenir PARIS Ring

Article about: Hello All, this is the second of two rings that I came by this weekend. The blue enamel front is still in quite tidy condition and has the simple face with the wording: PARIS 14 VI 1940....T

Default German Souvenir PARIS Ring

Hello All,
    this is the second of two rings that I came by this weekend.

The blue enamel front is still in quite tidy condition and has the simple face with the wording:
    PARIS 14 VI 1940....The date of German entry in to Paris.

There is a small .925 hallmark and makers logo ...I think it says RI? Unusual in that they are stamped outside of the band?

So it is my belief that this was made locally in France and sold as a souvenir.
    I may be wrong but German silver standards were 800, 835, 900 and 999. I may be wrong.

Both shoulders are decorated with an oak leaf cluster.

Observations or opinions welcomed

Doug

Attachment 908905Attachment 908904Attachment 908903

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Souvenir PARIS Ring
    P
    Many

?

Not bad looking ring.
    2 piece with seperate plate.
    But i wonder about this hallmarks.
    They don`t look like common period french silver hallmarks.

Hi, The Germans had many markings for silver content, inc. .925. [sterling]. There are 6 known silver marks used on the EK1 s. I find it strange that its marked on the outer band too.

?

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    Hi, The Germans had many markings for silver content, inc. .925. [sterling]. There are 6 known silver marks used on the EK1 s. I find it strange that its marked on the outer band too.
    Sorry, i have to disagree a Little.
    925 gets famous here in Germany end 50ies/beginning60ies. In 1940....no way. Hallmarking outside band in Germany was also real seldom.
    French hallmarking outside a ringband was typical for thisperiod on this rather cheap made silver items, but not with such hallmarks.

French Hallmarks - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks