Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?

Article about: I am in the process of helping a Vet sell his WWII collection and he brought this ring to me and said a fellow G.I. had removed it from the finger of a SS officer during WWII. The fellow is

Default Re: German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?

What about the hallmark? I read somewhere on a forum that the 800 German silver hallmark is postwar. It was in a thread concerning fake SS rings, but I can't remember on what forum that was, maybe someone here knows.
    Is there anyway of checking the 800 hallmarks in combination with the B or H in a cirkle silver smith marking? Would be great if the B or H turned out to be a yearcode (pre '45) like we have the yearcode letters on silver in other countries.
    If the marks turn up blank, well it's all said above; in that case it's just a silver skull ring like there are millions for sale every day. Any story will not add to the value, even if is was as true as gold.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Website on German hallmarks which may be of some use

German Hallmarks - Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks

The ring is likely just as your friend describes it except for the SS connection. It could have been worn by a SS man or it could have come from a common soldier. The value is whatever a ring of this form commands.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ring silver of the era was quite often 800 and 835. Occasionally, you see abit higher grades such as 950, but the one the fakers often screw up and use is the seldom used (but heavily used in modern day) 925 or Sterling. Even if it Had a year code, which in all likelihood it doesn't, it's a very decent ring and has a great story to go with it, but as the others have said, these rings were worn by all branches of the services and civilians as well. It was a Very popular design of it's time (before during and after wartime) -and not just in Germany,but many other European countries as well. A terrible shame that the history of such things unfortunately cannot factor much into the actual Value of an item per se. If it had, say, vet bring back papers or such to go with it, it would help alot, but as it sits, it's just a very interesting ring with a tantalizing but unverifiable history! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Are any of these real in your opinion ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?   German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?  

German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?   German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?  

?

Of course the S.S. Ring is a fake .. But the others..

Top photo.....2 left side rings Possible, but unlikely. The 3 on the right side are bad.
    William

Sorry these are all bad.

Re the Westwall: ANY ring with RZM markings is fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sharp eyes, there, Ade! I didn't see the RZM! As for the last one-the big ugly skull-who knows? It goes to reason, though-if all the rest are bad, then that one is also likely tainted. So...6 out of 6?
    William

?

Ahh I see..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?   German SS Officer's Ring? Real or Fake?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast