Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 Ring ID?

Article about: Hello All! First of all, to Mods, I'm very sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but as I'm not sure what kind of ring this is, I've put this here but please move if needed I've been

waltersh
    ?

Smile German WW2 Ring ID?

Hello All!

First of all, to Mods, I'm very sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but as I'm not sure what kind of ring this is, I've put this here but please move if needed

I've been lurking on here trying to educate myself on relics for a while and finally decided to make an account when I acquired this ring!

The lady I got it from said she was sure it was genuine (doesn't mean much though.. lol) but she seemed to think it was a WW2 ring, perhaps not a military ring, but perhaps just a patriotic ring?

Then again, it may just be a fakey, but even so, I love the way it looks

Could anyone help with the ring type and maybe some background on the type if possible?

The letters seem to say R.I.B and the number looks like 800 but its hard to read..

Thank you so much in advance! I look forward to my time on the forums!

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: German WW2 Ring ID?

Looks like a nice patriotic ring from the wwI period

As Odal said-a nice attractive solid silver patriotic WWI era ring. People generally wore them, as implied, to show support for the government during the wartime. These rings were quite popular and came in a wide variety of differing styles and are as a consequence quite numerous and still commonly found today. They aren't worth a huge deal, but are collectable and attractive rings nonetheless that could still be worn today, if wished.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is an original ring. But actually it does not have anything to do with II WW. These rings were made mosty as patriot rings from the beginning if the 20-th century. These rings were extreemly popular during the years 1914-1918. As there were also many WWI vets in WWII it is also even very possible that these rings were used during WWII. Anyway - please look at the ring size. Very many of these rings are size 17-19 (in millimeters) so they have not ever been in frontline.

i can recognize collors of -is it Latvian-red white red??

It is red, white and black. The German Imperial colors.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."