Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honor ring 1936

Article about: Hi guys. What do you think about this ring. It has a pretty good story. Extremely rare dated SS Totenkopfring ( SS Honor Ring) awarded to SS Fuhrer Grams

Default Honor ring 1936

Hi guys. What do you think about this ring. It has a pretty good story.

Extremely rare dated SS Totenkopfring ( SS Honor Ring) awarded to SS Fuhrer Grams

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Honor ring 1936
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Honor ring 1936

Those rings have been there a while they are overpriced imo

Eric

?

Here are the photos from Oakleaf for future reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Honor ring 1936   Honor ring 1936  

Honor ring 1936   Honor ring 1936  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The date 30. 1. 36 is one i've never encountered before, but Oakleaf claim it's a very rare date without explaining what it commemorates. The only one I can think it may possibly be is Hitler's appointment as Chancellor in 1933, but this seems odd to me, perhaps others have an idea? TBH, it looks good in my eyes, but the date has me flummoxed, hopefully Don Boyle may see this and give his considered opinion.

Edit: There may be evidence for a ring dated the same but for an officer named Schoeneck that has come to light.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 05-23-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ring of SS-Standartenführer Dr. Ehrhardt Hamann (351 382.) its misrepresented as 30.7.36 but it of course is 30.1.36

Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936Honor ring 1936

Best
    Eric

?

Ned
    Hitler Chancellor 30.1.33

Regards
    Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Ned
    Hitler Chancellor 30.1.33

Regards
    Eric
    Eric,

Kindly re read my previous post, at no point do I confuse the date or it's significance. I just want to know if this date was used before they were standardised to just four dates by a personal edict from Himmler in September 1936, they being:

20.4.-- 20th April. Hitler's birthday

21.6.-- 21st June. Summer solstice

9.11.-- 9th Nov. November Putsch.

21.12.-- 21st Dec. Winter solstice.

Prior to this other dates had been used, including 24.12.34. A Christmas present from Himmler, and used for only that year. 30.6.34. The Rohm purge/night of the long knives, again only for that year, and 7.3.36. the military subsuming of the Rhineland, again only appearing briefly for a few months that year until the September 1936 edict.

To reiterate, I cannot find an example of a genuine 30.1. -- ring being issued, and whilst it could be probable, if as stated, Don Boyle has given it his approval, I personally have not heard of it, hence my original question.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ok Chum
    No need for the broadside lets get together for a drink sometime unless your a Chelsea supporter.

Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Ok Chum
    No need for the broadside lets get together for a drink sometime unless your a Chelsea supporter.

Eric
    No Broadside from me Eric! Just stating the facts so i'm not made to look a bit of an idiot...

?

Sorry Ned think we were at crossed wires there I just noticed in my post I forgot the '?' my friend, dam computers!!

Cheers
    Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast