Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Honor ring 1936

Article about: Hi guys. What do you think about this ring. It has a pretty good story. Extremely rare dated SS Totenkopfring ( SS Honor Ring) awarded to SS Fuhrer Grams

Default Re: Honor ring 1936

I have to check my Honour Ring Book, but i like what i see. site says a COA from Boyle is part of the deal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Honor ring 1936
    P
    Many

?

Hello
    If the book is by Gottlieb I'd forget it a friend uses his remnants to level a dinning room table. Lol!

Eric

Like I said on the other thread, this ring is genuine, in my opinion, and the Don Boyle cert that comes with it cinches the deal, as far as I'm concerned. But I do Not like the ring's Condition. It has Very heavy wear-some of the patterned areas are almost lost altogether-and there are Serious Splits and Cracks in the band of this ring that would, in my judgement, make it quite unstable. I would opt for the Herrmann ring rather than this one-despite it being less money. For a mere $500 more-a relatively minor amount-you would be getting a Much better quality ring and it Also has a Boyle cert. Make Kris Anderson an Offer, if you are seriously interested in it. He doesn't like marrying his inventory and would almost certainly consider abit of leeway on the price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Like I said on the other thread, this ring is genuine, in my opinion, and the Don Boyle cert that comes with it cinches the deal, as far as I'm concerned. But I do Not like the ring's Condition. It has Very heavy wear-some of the patterned areas are almost lost altogether-and there are Serious Splits and Cracks in the band of this ring that would, in my judgement, make it quite unstable. I would opt for the Herrmann ring rather than this one-despite it being less money. For a mere $500 more-a relatively minor amount-you would be getting a Much better quality ring and it Also has a Boyle cert. Make Kris Anderson an Offer, if you are seriously interested in it. He doesn't like marrying his inventory and would almost certainly consider abit of leeway on the price.
    When was the certificate issued? Anyone thinking of purchasing one of these needs to remember some important points a coa maybe was issued and paid for by a previous owner it is not an eternal guarantee. First thing I would ask this dealer was it he who contacted Mr Boyle for an opinion?
    In any event I would still insist on a current certificate from Mr Boyle its one if not the only coa worth a darn in TR collecting.

Regards
    Eric

Interesting thread!

- - ------- - -

How many with this date are known for sure?

Hoss do you still have this ring?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2