Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to authenticate German SS rings?

Article about: There seems to be so many, any one have a good site/guide for these? I have come across one and got two pictures if any one wants to chime in on your thoughts would be great! Thanks again fo

Default How to authenticate German SS rings?

There seems to be so many, any one have a good site/guide for these? I have come across one and got two pictures if any one wants to chime in on your thoughts would be great! Thanks again for the info gents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to authenticate German SS rings?   How to authenticate German SS rings?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to authenticate German SS rings?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: How to authenticate German SS rings?

Looking at the one you are showing, the pattern doesn't even resemble any real patterns I can think of. I'll let the experts chime in, though I fear they may echo my thoughts.

As for guides, I think there's a book on the subject, I'll see what I can dig up.

Nitram

I tend to avoid these altogether. They all look like fakes to me, even the 'real' ones.

I think the rule of thumb is to stay away from these things in general unless you can go back in time and pull one off of an SS man's finger yourself!

Thanks for the info. I will avoid them in general then. I want to start collecting arm bands and SA/SS daggers. I am new to the game and have yet to make a purchase. I think I do pretty well with being able to authenticate the daggers, but not a ton on the arm bands yet. (I get the black light test, but don't always have that available to test). Seems some are cloth and others wool, but I don't get how to confirm without finding pictures (as it seems the red band party arm bands have different stitching in them, some RZM tagged, others not...seems like a lot of variances).

?

Post pictures on the forum, some members have very keen eyes and will glady help verify your potential purchases.

Nitram

For one thing, if you see SS lightning runes inside a ring-it's not genuine. Most all of these so-called SS rings-particularly the skull rings, were what you call a "Canteen ring". That is, they were sold then-just as they are even today, to the soldiers of all the various services and not just the SS. And they were also a popular civilian worn ring style as well. There was no agency in the SS making skull rings(other than the Honor Rings,of course) to sell to their members. There was naturally a myriad of different styles and designs of rings sold to the armed forces and some were targeted to specific branches such as the Luftwaffe,etc., and the SS was no different. But to have SS Markings inside them would have to mean that they were made by and for the SS organization, which is something that never happened.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    For one thing, if you see SS lightning runes inside a ring-it's not genuine. Most all of these so-called SS rings-particularly the skull rings, were what you call a "Canteen ring". That is, they were sold then-just as they are even today, to the soldiers of all the various services and not just the SS. And they were also a popular civilian worn ring style as well. There was no agency in the SS making skull rings(other than the Honor Rings,of course) to sell to their members. There was naturally a myriad of different styles and designs of rings sold to the armed forces and some were targeted to specific branches such as the Luftwaffe,etc., and the SS was no different. But to have SS Markings inside them would have to mean that they were made by and for the SS organization, which is something that never happened.
    Great information.

Akita
    ?

How to authenticate German SS rings?How to authenticate German SS rings?How to authenticate German SS rings?

Hey Guys Any thoughts on this?

Unfortunately it's junk. The interior markings condemn it. Any ring stamped D.R.G.M., SS, or with the RZM symbol etc., in fact anything along those lines really, is crap.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast